Gmail Sales Extension

AWoodIII

Malware Detection with the HubSpot Extension (email tracking) in Gmail

SOLVE

I've noticed that every email from my boss (who also has this extension turned on) whether they're sending an email to me (so an email from them), or they're CC'ed in an email to me,  when I open up said emails my Avast Antivirus Web Shield pops up with an alert as shown in the attached image. This alert even pops up when I send/CC them an email.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 3.53.11 PM.png

The website listed (http://t.sidekickopen83 ...) is an email tracker, which we only use/have the one from HubSpot.

How may you/we resolve this issue?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AWoodIII,

The temporary redirection to the t.sidekickopen.com domain is necessary for HubSpot to register and track link clicks. The link will automatically redirect to the final URL destination (e.g. www.hubspot.com) when clicked. Avast Web Shield seems to have very strict rules set up by default and sees this as a potential threat – hence the warning.

You can disable one-to-one email tracking or attachment logging – which will of course leave you without any email tracking data. HubSpot will not create t.sidekickopen.com links anymore.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
OliverWheelie
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler thank you, this was helpful. My one issue is that the sidekick URLs are extremely long and can impact deliverability. Considering HubSpot should be paramountly concerend with deliverability, is this a necessary tradeoff or is there a workaround on URL length?

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AWoodIII,

The temporary redirection to the t.sidekickopen.com domain is necessary for HubSpot to register and track link clicks. The link will automatically redirect to the final URL destination (e.g. www.hubspot.com) when clicked. Avast Web Shield seems to have very strict rules set up by default and sees this as a potential threat – hence the warning.

You can disable one-to-one email tracking or attachment logging – which will of course leave you without any email tracking data. HubSpot will not create t.sidekickopen.com links anymore.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.