GDPR

LRipton
Participant

GDPR - opt in forms

SOLVE

Lead gen forms - Forms have tick box for terms that by submitting they agree that data is sent to sponsor; which is fine, but when a client sends us a communication opt in box to include on the form, this obv. supersedes our opt in, so we have not been sending leads to sponsor if they tick no on the clients opt in - is this correct? if so, how are you managing the clients expectations with leads when previously this might not have been the case and they received all leads regardless?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

GDPR - opt in forms

SOLVE

Hi @LRipton,

Could you share some more context about the involved parties/stakeholders? You are managing the HubSpot portal, I assume – what's the relationship between sponsor, client and yourself?

As a general answer, you should always discuss legal matters with a professional. On a high level, one checkbox does not automatically supercede another, it depends on the exact consent text. (This post does not constitute legal advice.)

The more context, the better we can help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

GDPR - opt in forms

SOLVE

Hi @LRipton,

Could you share some more context about the involved parties/stakeholders? You are managing the HubSpot portal, I assume – what's the relationship between sponsor, client and yourself?

As a general answer, you should always discuss legal matters with a professional. On a high level, one checkbox does not automatically supercede another, it depends on the exact consent text. (This post does not constitute legal advice.)

The more context, the better we can help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes