GDPR

JHolinski

Does HubSpot recognise contacts who previously unsubscribed when uploading a new list of contacts?

SOLVE

We use HubSpot soley for email marketing, and currently have a separate CRM system. This means we have to manually control contacts who have unsubscribed from emails via HubSpot and make sure they are marked as unsubscribed in our CRM. 

However, as we are humans there is always the potential that a contact is missed. What I need to know is if a contact has unsubscribed via HubSpot, but I haven't marked it in our CRM system, and go to upload a new list which includes this particular contact... will Hubspot recognise this contact I'm trying to upload has previously unsubcribed via HubSpot and pull them out of the new list?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Does HubSpot recognise contacts who previously unsubscribed when uploading a new list of contacts?

SOLVE

Hi @JHolinski,

Yes, HubSpot automatically excludes unsubscribed contacts from all emails sends (with the exception of transactional emails). In other words, you don't need to actively remove them from recipient lists and yes, this still holds true when you re-import contacts.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JHolinski,

Yes, HubSpot automatically excludes unsubscribed contacts from all emails sends (with the exception of transactional emails). In other words, you don't need to actively remove them from recipient lists and yes, this still holds true when you re-import contacts.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JHolinski

SOLVE

Great thanks for confirming Karsten

0 Upvotes