GDPR

AprilG

Account GDPR - Capturing Marketing Contacts

SOLVE

Hello Community, 
I added the notice and consent /legitimate interest field on my form. If I set the subscription type to "Corporate news, events and offers" does this capture consent and sets my contacts as marketing contacts if they consent? 

Im asking since in the "options" settings you can set all contacts that fill a form out as marketing contacts. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AprilG,

It's a bit misleading how HubSpot defines a marketing contact. "Marketing contacts" are a billing feature in HubSpot. They don't refer to anything that relates to consent. If a contact is a "marketing contact", they count towards your billable contact total and HubSpot will technically allow you to send emails created in the marketing tool. If they're not a "marketing contact", HubSpot will hold these emails back.

You can learn more about this feature here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/marketing-contacts

Generally it makes sense to have this feature toggled on forms, otherwise HubSpot will not let you send emails to these contacts. It doesn't have to do anything with consent however.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AprilG,

It's a bit misleading how HubSpot defines a marketing contact. "Marketing contacts" are a billing feature in HubSpot. They don't refer to anything that relates to consent. If a contact is a "marketing contact", they count towards your billable contact total and HubSpot will technically allow you to send emails created in the marketing tool. If they're not a "marketing contact", HubSpot will hold these emails back.

You can learn more about this feature here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/marketing-contacts

Generally it makes sense to have this feature toggled on forms, otherwise HubSpot will not let you send emails to these contacts. It doesn't have to do anything with consent however.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.