Email Marketing Tool

shaebert
Contributor

Track Click to Webpage Across Multiple Emails

SOLVE

Hello, 

We have a button with a standard offer (that takes the person to a webpage) that we provide in every marketing email we send out. Any time someone clicks the button, we want to capture that information (who clicked it and when). 

Known feature that doesn't work:

• I am aware that you can create a workflow to capture anyone that clicks a specific link in a specific email. This does not accomplish our goal because of two things:
    1. You can only set this up after an email has been sent. This defeats the purpose as we want to capture the information when the activity/click takes place. 
    2. We would have to do this for every email, which is very time-consuming and would not be worth the time and effort. I'd rather just look at every report and manually collect the information vs this solution.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @shaebert,

Here's how I'd approach this: I would create a CTA in the CTA tool and use this across all emails. This allows you to reference one asset as opposed to many different buttons from different emails.

There are now different ways to proceed. First, you could create an active list, filtering for contacts who have clicked this list. This does not have the date information yet.

karstenkoehler_0-1644647551964.png

Alternatively, you could create a workflow that sets a date stamp whenever a contact enters this list. In my case the date stamp is called Date property, you could call this Button click date.

karstenkoehler_1-1644647685088.png

Once this date property is maintained, all contacts who have a value in there are known to have clicked the button. You can also create a report to see those clicks over time. (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts)

karstenkoehler_2-1644647777318.png

Visualization:

karstenkoehler_3-1644647785668.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @shaebert,

Here's how I'd approach this: I would create a CTA in the CTA tool and use this across all emails. This allows you to reference one asset as opposed to many different buttons from different emails.

There are now different ways to proceed. First, you could create an active list, filtering for contacts who have clicked this list. This does not have the date information yet.

karstenkoehler_0-1644647551964.png

Alternatively, you could create a workflow that sets a date stamp whenever a contact enters this list. In my case the date stamp is called Date property, you could call this Button click date.

karstenkoehler_1-1644647685088.png

Once this date property is maintained, all contacts who have a value in there are known to have clicked the button. You can also create a report to see those clicks over time. (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts)

karstenkoehler_2-1644647777318.png

Visualization:

karstenkoehler_3-1644647785668.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

shaebert
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Karsten, 

I have been working with this solution for some time now, but I am unable to re-enroll contacts in this workflow. Any suggestions on how to overcome? 

0 Upvotes