Email Marketing Tool

ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

Multiple footer versions depending on communication type

SOLVE

Hello,

I am sending out numerous and various types of comms through Hubspot, andi was wondering what is the best approach/best practice to have multiple footers created to be used according to the comm type

Transactional comms = Transactional footers
Promotional comms = Promotional footers

Partner comms = Partner footer

... etc ...

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisChiha,

Are you interested in the technical steps or more generally, what these footers should look like?

As far as the technical side goes, in Marketing Hub Enterprise, this can be comfortably managed following these steps: Manage multiple email footers

In the lower HubSpot tiers, you can manually create these footers by using the Office Location personalization tokens:

karstenkoehler_0-1643872090227.png

Here you'll find company name, address, city. This information is pulling from the main footer settings. If you're missing anything, HubSpot will let you know before publishing/sending this email.

Using personalization tokens gives you a lot of flexibility. You can then remove the standard footer. HubSpot will warn you about a missing unsubscribe link – but that can also be added manually via a hyperlink:

karstenkoehler_1-1643872205931.png

Once you've "assembled" your custom footer in a rich text module, you can drag and drop this module into the "Saved sections" area in the left sidebar for easy reference:

karstenkoehler_3-1643872464077.png

Alternatively, you can save source code of that module for easy copy/paste in the future.

karstenkoehler_2-1643872258480.png

Lastly, you could also save the email as a template:

karstenkoehler_4-1643872540239.png

As far as the content of different footers goes, this is entirely up to you. You could add a line in each footer, saying "You're receiving this email because [explanation]" to provide transparency to the recipients. Other than that, I usually keep footers consistently simple.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @karstenkoehler,

Thank you for your detailed reply. Very useful !

Regards,
Chris

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisChiha,

Are you interested in the technical steps or more generally, what these footers should look like?

As far as the technical side goes, in Marketing Hub Enterprise, this can be comfortably managed following these steps: Manage multiple email footers

In the lower HubSpot tiers, you can manually create these footers by using the Office Location personalization tokens:

karstenkoehler_0-1643872090227.png

Here you'll find company name, address, city. This information is pulling from the main footer settings. If you're missing anything, HubSpot will let you know before publishing/sending this email.

Using personalization tokens gives you a lot of flexibility. You can then remove the standard footer. HubSpot will warn you about a missing unsubscribe link – but that can also be added manually via a hyperlink:

karstenkoehler_1-1643872205931.png

Once you've "assembled" your custom footer in a rich text module, you can drag and drop this module into the "Saved sections" area in the left sidebar for easy reference:

karstenkoehler_3-1643872464077.png

Alternatively, you can save source code of that module for easy copy/paste in the future.

karstenkoehler_2-1643872258480.png

Lastly, you could also save the email as a template:

karstenkoehler_4-1643872540239.png

As far as the content of different footers goes, this is entirely up to you. You could add a line in each footer, saying "You're receiving this email because [explanation]" to provide transparency to the recipients. Other than that, I usually keep footers consistently simple.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.