Email Marketing Tool

RYaakov

How to categories different emails in business mails?

SOLVE

Hi, everyone. Dear expert members of this community. As I am using business mail for my business. But now we are getting confused while recieveing all deparment emails at the same place. Now I want to give specific tags to different deparment like I want to make related mails prominent so that we can easily differentiate it from the other mails. So how will it be possible? kindly share your experience and guide me about it.

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RYaakov. If you're using Conversations Inbox for emails, there isn't a native HubSpot functionality I'm aware of to add labels like you can in Gmail. If you're having users fill out a ticket form, you can segment by ticket pipelines for different products. This could help you organize by product, for instance. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
IDisco

SOLVE

Hello! Managing department-specific emails by giving them specific tags or labels is a common practice to keep your business communications organized. Here's a general guide on how to do this:

1. Use Email Client Filters: Most email clients, like Gmail, Outlook, and Apple Mail, offer filtering and labeling/tagging options. You can create rules or filters based on certain criteria like sender's address, keywords, or department-specific phrases in the subject or body of the email.

2. Create Labels or Folders: In your email client, set up labels (Gmail) or folders (Outlook) to categorize emails. You can create a label or folder for each department, such as "Sales," "Marketing," "Finance," etc.

3. Apply Filters to Sort Emails: Configure filters to automatically assign the appropriate label or move the email to the corresponding folder when it meets your defined criteria. For instance, you can create a filter to label all emails from the Sales department with a "Sales" label.

4. Color-Code Labels: Some email clients allow you to color-code labels or folders. This can make it visually easier to identify emails from different departments at a glance.

5. Review and Adjust Filters: Regularly review your filters and labels to ensure they are working correctly. Make adjustments as needed to capture all relevant emails.

6. Train Your Team: Ensure that your team members are aware of the labeling/tagging system and encourage them to use it consistently when sending department-specific emails.

7. Search and Sort: You can easily find department-specific emails by searching for the labels or folders you've created. Most email clients also offer sorting options to group emails by labels or folders.

8. Mobile Apps: If you use email on mobile devices, make sure to set up the same labels/folders and filters in your mobile email app for consistency.

Remember that the exact steps may vary depending on your specific email client. If you can provide the name of your email client, I can offer more detailed instructions tailored to your situation.

0 Upvotes
zkhan68

SOLVE

Hi @RYaakov. If you're using Conversations Inbox for emails, there isn't a native HubSpot functionality I'm aware of to add labels like you can in Gmail. If you're having users fill out a ticket form, you can segment by ticket pipelines for different products. This could help you organize by product, for instance. 

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RYaakov 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Olivia_Bagnall @danmoyle @Ian_Matt do you have any advice for @RYaakov on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !