Email Marketing Tool

SteffieVerbeek

Email stopped

SOLVE

Hello,

I've send an email to a list that I created using open emailadressen found on websites from potential customers. We follow GDPR for this.

The list creates hard bounces, sow now Hubspot "banned us", this is the notification:

Hold on: Your email sending capabilities are on hold due to deliverability concerns.

We are not able to send out mails now. Were can I "free" my email? 

Kind regards, Steffie

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email stopped

SOLVE

Hello @SteffieVerbeek ,

Sending marketing email to contacts who have not directly opted into your brand is not permitted within HubSpot's Acceptable Use Policy.  HubSpot requires that a contact has personally and directly provided their email address and permission to your brand to be eligable for a marketing email send, and these requirements may be more stringent than local privacy legislation such as GDPR.

HubSpot and other reputable email sending platforms require direct opt in to prevent high rates of negative email engagement (unsubscribes, bounces, spam complaints) that often occur due to unsolicited bulk sending.  Sending bulk email only to contacts who have directly opted in will help to protect your brand's sender reputation and keep HubSpot's shared network healthy for all customers.  

Email sending suspensions within HubSpot Free accounts cannot be remediated, and the marketing email tool will remain locked moving forward.  You'll still be able to use other tools within HubSpot, including sending 1:1 emails through a connected inbox. More information regarding email suspensions can be viewed here. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Email stopped

SOLVE

Hello @SteffieVerbeek ,

Sending marketing email to contacts who have not directly opted into your brand is not permitted within HubSpot's Acceptable Use Policy.  HubSpot requires that a contact has personally and directly provided their email address and permission to your brand to be eligable for a marketing email send, and these requirements may be more stringent than local privacy legislation such as GDPR.

HubSpot and other reputable email sending platforms require direct opt in to prevent high rates of negative email engagement (unsubscribes, bounces, spam complaints) that often occur due to unsolicited bulk sending.  Sending bulk email only to contacts who have directly opted in will help to protect your brand's sender reputation and keep HubSpot's shared network healthy for all customers.  

Email sending suspensions within HubSpot Free accounts cannot be remediated, and the marketing email tool will remain locked moving forward.  You'll still be able to use other tools within HubSpot, including sending 1:1 emails through a connected inbox. More information regarding email suspensions can be viewed here. 

Ben_M
Key Advisor

Email stopped

SOLVE

Hi Steffie - Unfortunately I see your post tagged with "Free" and assuming you are on the Free Hubspot plan, unfortunately there is nothing you can do and if you want to use Hubspot for email you will need to contact sales and move to a paid plan.  In short the free and paid plans do not have the same restrictions on them and the free plan is a bit overbearing.  Personally speaking I would not recommend using the free email tool for the reason you ran into which is that it is very easy to get banned and Hubspot does not provide a way to become unbanned.  There are other free email alternatives I would recommend for that reason.

0 Upvotes