Email Marketing Tool

BNBXstudios
Participant

Email Tracking our own IPs which change all the time

SOLVE

Im wondering how email tracking is supposed to work. I've asked support before and was told to add our IPs to prevent them from triggering the emails that are sent as being received immediately, which is obviously not the case.

It worked the first night, but it seems our internet provider (and many around the world) work by cycling IPs...not to mention, what if we were in a different location every day for work? 

Is there another way this email tracking is supposed to work that Im unaware of, or is it only reserved for those that sit behind a desk in a single location with a static IP allocated to their system?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BNBXstudios. Cycling IP addresses and using VPNs can be problematic when trying to filter data and such. You can use ranges if you have those. Or you can prevent logging emails sent to specific recipients by adding them to your Never Log list.  

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MathieuZurich

SOLVE

Hi Dan, having the same issue as BNBX. I did use the neverlog list, excluding my email adress and my domain. Still everytime I open an email I sent on outlook, it triggers an "open" although the recipient did not open it.

If any further idea, that would be great.

Thank you v ery much

0 Upvotes
BNBXstudios
Participant

SOLVE

Dan the man! Thank you so much for your assistance, seems like such a simple solution, I only wish the tech support was able to give as simple an answer the first 2 times I asked. Thank you!!!

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BNBXstudios. Cycling IP addresses and using VPNs can be problematic when trying to filter data and such. You can use ranges if you have those. Or you can prevent logging emails sent to specific recipients by adding them to your Never Log list.  

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/