Email Marketing Tool

JAndre
Participant

Buttons or Links Collecting Information

SOLVE

Hey everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with using CTA buttons or links in an email that would update a contact's properties.

ie. When someone clicks the "I'm a Doctor" button in the email it would then update their contact property to reflect that information. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAndre,

Yes, this approach works. Here's what to consider:

• The CTA should link to a generic thank you page, 'Thank you for your confirmation', for example.
  • The only reason to use a CTA from the CTA tool (instead of creating one directly in the email editor) would be if you have multiple of these buttons which could otherwise not be distinguised by HubSpot's list and workflow filters. These filters only look at the destination URL. (Multiple options would require multiple thank you pages for differentiation. CTAs from the CTA tool can be filtered distinctly out of the box.)

This is what a contact-based workflow could look like (Menu > Automation > Workflows > Create workflow).

karstenkoehler_0-1675402203003.png

Let me know if you have any additional or follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ALewis13
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there! I know that CTA's are meant to be clicked and take you to a certain website landing page, but you may need able.to use zappier ot another A.I. source to internally list the profession in your contact list.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAndre,

Yes, this approach works. Here's what to consider:

• The CTA should link to a generic thank you page, 'Thank you for your confirmation', for example.
  • The only reason to use a CTA from the CTA tool (instead of creating one directly in the email editor) would be if you have multiple of these buttons which could otherwise not be distinguised by HubSpot's list and workflow filters. These filters only look at the destination URL. (Multiple options would require multiple thank you pages for differentiation. CTAs from the CTA tool can be filtered distinctly out of the box.)

This is what a contact-based workflow could look like (Menu > Automation > Workflows > Create workflow).

karstenkoehler_0-1675402203003.png

Let me know if you have any additional or follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DAndrione
Participant

SOLVE

Hello

Is there's a way to clear the property that store the clicked CTA? Ive Support tickets that send mail with 2 CTA for select the severity. It works fine.

The problem is that if a new ticket is open hubspot store the previous CTA answer and update the SEV as per the first answers

0 Upvotes
JAndre
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Karsten,

This is incredibly helpful, thank you so much! 

0 Upvotes