Email Marketing Tool

IHarris

Automating emails with custom objects

SOLVE

Hello folks,

I wonder if somebody could help me.

We run a series of conferences in different city locations. When somebody registers for one of our conferences we add them to Hotspot List for that conference, and trickle out a series of emails reminding them of various pieces of information.

The emails are all the same, except for the location and date.

Here's my problem: 

At the moment we have to duplicate the same sequence of emails for every conference, which takes a lot of time (not least because you can't bulk copy emails.)

What I'm hoping to do is have a Custom Property in the email that drops in the correct location and date depending on which conference they are signed up for.

I guess ideally I would create the conference as some sort of Custom Object, which would have properties relating to its location and its date?

I'm not sure how to create a Custom Object though. I had a look in the documentation, and I got the impression you have to create these through an API – which sounds bananas?

We have Marketing & Sales Hub Professional if that helps.

If anyone can shed any light I'll be really grateful.

Thanks!

Ian

1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @IHarris , 

your plan is sound, and you are right that to create a custom object, you need to do that with a call against the API. There also apps in the marketplace these days, that can help, but the bigger problem is your license. Custom Objects is an enterprise feature and therefore not accessible with pro.

What I've heard many people do before Custom Objects were a thing is to use the Ticket Object for other business logic they need to handle. Since you didn't mention a Service Hub license, it sounds to me, you're not using that currently. But you have the Ticket object at your disposal and even could use the pipeline to track the progress of the preparation of your events. I can even think of workflow triggers for these stages to then maybe blast out the next set of emails to attendees.

Please let me know if this could work for you. If you found this post helpful, consider helping others in the community to find answers faster by marking this as a solution. I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @IHarris , 

your plan is sound, and you are right that to create a custom object, you need to do that with a call against the API. There also apps in the marketplace these days, that can help, but the bigger problem is your license. Custom Objects is an enterprise feature and therefore not accessible with pro.

What I've heard many people do before Custom Objects were a thing is to use the Ticket Object for other business logic they need to handle. Since you didn't mention a Service Hub license, it sounds to me, you're not using that currently. But you have the Ticket object at your disposal and even could use the pipeline to track the progress of the preparation of your events. I can even think of workflow triggers for these stages to then maybe blast out the next set of emails to attendees.

Please let me know if this could work for you. If you found this post helpful, consider helping others in the community to find answers faster by marking this as a solution. I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

IHarris

SOLVE

Thanks for the help Chriso, appreciate it.