Dashboards & Reporting

MMetros5
Contributor

Reporting on Closed Won vs Closed Lost without filter on Stage

SOLVE

Is there a field that denotes whether a deal is closed won or close lost that is not a deal stage type field? I want to create an automation that runs whenever a deal is closed. Then the condition I check for is if the deal is won or lost. 

How can I do this without using the stage fields so that the automation does not need to be updated everytime we update the deal stages or add a new pipeline?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MMetros5
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@Anonymous I am using the Probability field. When it is "1", then I know it is closed won. If it is "0", then I know it is closed lost.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MMetros5
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@Anonymous I am using the Probability field. When it is "1", then I know it is closed won. If it is "0", then I know it is closed lost.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Nice one!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMetros5,

Great question, I don't think there is another property that would have this information. (You can check this page to find properties which would be updated by HubSpot for won or lost deals. There aren't any.)

In this case, it's easiest to update your automation whenever new pipelines are added. If stage names change, those changes won't affect existing workflows.

There is of course always the option to create a custom solution via the API but that seems a bit excessive here (unless you create new pipelines daily or weekly).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes