Dashboards & Reporting

davidjwu92
Participant

Reporting for Dynamic Sales Rep Pages: Page views and form submissions over time

SOLVE

I know the data is there, because I can see graphs and charts in rep page's details. The rep pages are generated using data from a hubdb table.

How do I generate a report that shows how each rep page is performing over time?

Like the graph below, except breaking down by rep page instead of by traffic source.

davidjwu92_0-1662669972730.png

1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Reporting for Dynamic Sales Rep Pages: Page views and form submissions over time

SOLVE

Hey @davidjwu92 , 

thank you for reaching out to the community and thank you @kvlschaefer for tagging. Here is how I would go about this:

• I assume that your rep pages contain something in the slug to identify them. If not I'd say this is would be a good practice to do as you're signaling some kind of hirachiy to the user and web crawlers. So something like this: https://www.example.com/consulting-team/jane-doe
  • Next, go to the Custom Report Builder and select Web Activities as the primary data source. 
  • Configure your filter for the timeframe you want to look at. I've set mine up to be the last 120 days so last 4 months. Plus, create a filter for URL contains to filter only your rep pages. In my case, I went for blog just to demo this part. 
    Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 11.45.43.png

• We got the data now we would like to display them in a certain way: I'd recommend area chart and on the x axis timestamp. Use what every you like here. Monthly, weekly, daily... doesn't matter. On the Y put Count of page views and then break down by URL. Since you filtered out the rep pages before, you should only see the ones you're after. 
    Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 11.47.59.png
  • If you get a message that too many data points are requested, adjust the timeframe or the breakdown to show only like the top ten pages. 

That should do it. Please follow up if there are questions. 

If you found this post helpful, consider helping others in the community to find answers faster by marking this as a solution. I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @davidjwu92 , 

thank you for reaching out to the community and thank you @kvlschaefer for tagging. Here is how I would go about this:

• I assume that your rep pages contain something in the slug to identify them. If not I'd say this is would be a good practice to do as you're signaling some kind of hirachiy to the user and web crawlers. So something like this: https://www.example.com/consulting-team/jane-doe
  • Next, go to the Custom Report Builder and select Web Activities as the primary data source. 
  • Configure your filter for the timeframe you want to look at. I've set mine up to be the last 120 days so last 4 months. Plus, create a filter for URL contains to filter only your rep pages. In my case, I went for blog just to demo this part. 
    Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 11.45.43.png

• We got the data now we would like to display them in a certain way: I'd recommend area chart and on the x axis timestamp. Use what every you like here. Monthly, weekly, daily... doesn't matter. On the Y put Count of page views and then break down by URL. Since you filtered out the rep pages before, you should only see the ones you're after. 
    Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 11.47.59.png
  • If you get a message that too many data points are requested, adjust the timeframe or the breakdown to show only like the top ten pages. 

That should do it. Please follow up if there are questions. 

If you found this post helpful, consider helping others in the community to find answers faster by marking this as a solution. I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

davidjwu92
Participant

SOLVE

Aww yeah. I could've SWORN I did exactly that... but following your solution step by step did EXACTLY what I was going for. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @davidjwu92,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would like to add our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have insight.

Hi @ChrisoKlepke@Bryantworks@GRajput@Dan1 - Do you have any recommendations for @davidjwu92?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !