Dashboards & Reporting

jfd118
Contributor

Report Segementation by Inbound vs. Outbound

SOLVE

I'm trying to create a report that shows sales by high-level marketing strategy.   I want to show closed sales by Inbound vs. Outbound strategies.    I define Inbound as Original Source != Offline Sources. 

I tried to create a custom property but find I can't group the not offline original source categories as "Inbound" and can't classify offline sources as Outbound.

Is this possible to do?   Is there a different way of grouping original source categories into a variable that I can then use to segment in custom sales and marketing reports?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ABurgess
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

If you map your Original Sources over to your Lead Sources, you can quickly build a view of your contact database and your Sales Pipeline that will show where everything came from in one view. Inbound sources along with Outbound sources to show the overall contribution from Inbound Marketing AND Outbound Marketing/Sales efforts.

To do this, all you'll need to do is create a super simple workflow that maps the Original sources over to the Lead Source picklist so you can aggregate all of your inbound and outbound sources in one place (the Lead Source property ).

OS_LS.png

Like this! ; ) 

Best, Alison

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ABurgess
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

If you map your Original Sources over to your Lead Sources, you can quickly build a view of your contact database and your Sales Pipeline that will show where everything came from in one view. Inbound sources along with Outbound sources to show the overall contribution from Inbound Marketing AND Outbound Marketing/Sales efforts.

To do this, all you'll need to do is create a super simple workflow that maps the Original sources over to the Lead Source picklist so you can aggregate all of your inbound and outbound sources in one place (the Lead Source property ).

OS_LS.png

Like this! ; ) 

Best, Alison

CScurich
Participant

SOLVE

Hello! I'm interested in implementing a solution like the one described above.  Would you be able to describe / walk me through how you created a workflow to map the  Original Sources over to Lead Sources? Did you create a new property that is populated via a workflow by mapping those two fields? (Hubspot newbie here, so apologies if the answer is obvious!) 

0 Upvotes