Dashboards & Reporting

ZChurney3
Contributor

How to add time restrictions to workflow criteria?

SOLVE

Hello everyone! I am working a lot with historical data and we are looking to update the Lead Status property via workflows based on various lead scoring criteria. For example, we would like to have all contacts who have opened at least two marketing emails, but only if they have completed this action within the last year. In reports, it looks like I can create timeframes for created contacts and in lists there are no time restrictions for specific actions. I was curious how you all handle this when working with historical data. Thank you very much in advance for any information!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

Your specific question about two marketing email opens in a time range is hard to solve for. Much easier: one email. You would simply filter by Last marketing email open date being within a certain date range.

In any case, there isn't any out of the box solution for an amount of occurrences in a date range. It always depends on what exactly you'd like to include. Can you share other examples of what you'd like to filter for?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

Correct, but of those two opens, one might have happened before the date you're filtering for. You'd have a person who has opened two emails but their last open date was the one you specified.

For the other criteria you're mentioning, downloads could be specified via the Recent conversion date, website interactions via Time last seen or Time of last session. As explained above, this will only be 1 interaction, if you're filtering for Number of page views = 2 and Time last seen is last week, then only one of those views must've happened last week. Two might have happened, but only one is required through the criteria.

As far as I know, social media interactions can generally not be filtered unless they lead to a conversion.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

Your specific question about two marketing email opens in a time range is hard to solve for. Much easier: one email. You would simply filter by Last marketing email open date being within a certain date range.

In any case, there isn't any out of the box solution for an amount of occurrences in a date range. It always depends on what exactly you'd like to include. Can you share other examples of what you'd like to filter for?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

ZChurney3
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you very much for your reply, Karsten! That makes sense. So I could technically create a criteria to say 'has opened 2 or more marketing emails' AND 'Last marketing email open date was after (insert date)'. 

Other criteria we are looking at are specific to implicit and explicit data input such as document downloads, website interactions or views, and social media interactions like clicks, in addition to various others, most of them custom and specific to the database. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

Correct, but of those two opens, one might have happened before the date you're filtering for. You'd have a person who has opened two emails but their last open date was the one you specified.

For the other criteria you're mentioning, downloads could be specified via the Recent conversion date, website interactions via Time last seen or Time of last session. As explained above, this will only be 1 interaction, if you're filtering for Number of page views = 2 and Time last seen is last week, then only one of those views must've happened last week. Two might have happened, but only one is required through the criteria.

As far as I know, social media interactions can generally not be filtered unless they lead to a conversion.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

ZChurney3
Contributor

SOLVE

You are wonderful, Karsten! I really appreciate your sharing your knowledge with the community. I am diving deep into the HubSpot data management world and there is a lot to learn and familiarize myself with. It's very helpful to have well-versed people like you out there helping answer these questions. 

0 Upvotes