Dashboards & Reporting

CaitlinHaire
Participant

Child Company Reporting

SOLVE

Does anyone know how I could create a Report that lists the parent companies and then all the child companies underneath that? All I can find is a report that will list the number of child companies with each, but not the names of those.

We're currently setup to list the company who referred the client business to us as the parent with the company that was referred as the child, so I'm trying to find a way to see all referred business under a specific company.

TIA!

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Child Company Reporting

SOLVE

@CaitlinHaire from what I've seen in HubSpot the last year or so, as more businesses use parent/child company relationships, is that HubSpot is catching up with reporting on those. Right now, the parent/child reporting isn't as strong as many users would like. In custom reports you can build a pivot table, but it only shows, as you mentioned, number of child companies, not the names. 

Here's an ideas submission asking for more robust parent/child company reporting you can upvote and comment on. The product managers do monitor these. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Dan1
Guide

Child Company Reporting

SOLVE

Hi @CaitlinHaire , 

Many of our customers (who are all HubSpot customers, as we only build for HubSpot) , have a similar challenge when analsying parent and child structures. We created a new visual, where you can see the structure, add to it (2 way sync) and importanly see the deal activity rolling upto the parent company.

We released the deal activity functionality earlier this year, below is the product release we put out its based on a film trailer, hence the deep gravelly voice 😊. I have skipped it to the bit showing how it works with HubSpots related companies functionality. 

If you would like try it out then drop me a message back and we will make it happen 🙂 

Kind regards,  

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1668422046362.png

danmoyle
Solution

Child Company Reporting

SOLVE

@CaitlinHaire from what I've seen in HubSpot the last year or so, as more businesses use parent/child company relationships, is that HubSpot is catching up with reporting on those. Right now, the parent/child reporting isn't as strong as many users would like. In custom reports you can build a pivot table, but it only shows, as you mentioned, number of child companies, not the names. 

Here's an ideas submission asking for more robust parent/child company reporting you can upvote and comment on. The product managers do monitor these. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Child Company Reporting

SOLVE

Hi @CaitlinHaire 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @danmoyle @Olivia_Bagnall @jfreeman do you have any thought for @CaitlinHaire on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !