Custom Quote Template Beta

sherpabizdev
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Custom quote template - adding custom fields

We licensed HubSpot CMS solely for the ability to access the beta that would allow customization of the quote template. We were able to accomplish this during the summer by directly accessing the template code to move things around on the quote the way we wanted and add custom field information to the quote.

The trouble was that, for some reason, the esignature feature would result in an error upon customer verification. So we reverted to physical signature while we tracked down that issue.

In the meantime, the approach to quote templates changed to a drag and drop interface that is very limited and doesn't seem to offer a way to add custom fields to a quote template. 

Then recently the template we created previously vanished from the user options. We are having trouble getting help from HubSpot.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to add custom fields to a quote template?
  2. Can we regain access to custom templates that were previously developed outside of the drag and drop interface?

Thanks in advance for any insights about how to add custom fields using the new interface or how to get older templates to appear as options for the user. We're pretty frustrated (understatement).

Andy

9 Replies 9
Jake_Lett
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

I created a video showing how to add a custom rich text property to a line item in a custom sales quote template.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvj7T02D2k

0 Upvotes
Jake_Lett
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

I am also trying to display custom field product data in a line item of a custom quote. I see the line items provide "hs_product_id" so I tried using that to get the custom product properties. 

{% set product = crm_object("product", 1428707712) %}  {{ product|tojson }} This doesn't display all of the data for the product object. Any idea on how to display custom fields of a product in the custom quote templates using the line_items_table.module ?

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/data/crm-objects - 

0 Upvotes
ssoltani
Participant

Please could you share the solution to how to add custom properties to the Quote template?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
cwh8944
Contributor

Di you find any way to include custom properties on a quote? My use case is similar– I am looking to either have a deal property or a product property be visible on a quote.

I will also include any updates I receive.

sherpabizdev
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

@cwh8944  Yes. Our programmers did figure it out, but I am not sure exactly what the trick was. But it is possible. We needed to put both bill-to and ship-to addresses on the quote. The ship-to is comprised of custom Deal fields and the bill-to pulls from the Company record like usual.

cwh8944
Contributor

We actually plan to use that exact use case (ship-to, bill-to) for "brokered" deals as well. Did you have a 3rd party company or in-house programmers work on this? I would love to get more information if possible.

0 Upvotes
sherpabizdev
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

I'm sorry to say that it's been a painful process. Our developers are sort of in house, but I don't manage them. I'll see if I can get a nugget of advice from that team. I have a feeling they don't want to wrestle with this again.

cwh8944
Contributor

Im sure it has, even to get to this point has been painful. Anything would be helpful here, or if they're open to taking on another project I am looking for a team to take this on.

Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

This might be a question for you @ethankopit ?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes