Content Strategy & SEO

MMetros5
Contributor

Multi-Touch Attribution Reporting - Best Practices

SOLVE

I am trying to create a custom multi-touch revenue attribution report. Multi-touch attribution relates revenue in the form of "credit" to customer interactions in HubSpot, so that we can understand better how the marketing and sales activities are creating revenue for our business.

My vivid vision is that I want to see all contacts associated to Sales Deals and have attribution spread out equally to all campaign executed on that contact over the past 90 days from the created date of that deal.

So what this would show me is every campaign executed on that contact within a 90 day period of that deals created date.

For example we have 3 campaigns:

Capaign 1

Capaign 2

Capaign 3

All three campaign were executed within the 90 days of that campaigns created date. I Would like the revenue of that deal to be spread out equally across all three campaigns.

So if the deal have an amount of $3,000. Then Campaign 1 would be responsible for $1,000. Campaign 2 would be responsible for $1,000, and Campaign 3 would be Responsible for $1,000.

What are the best practices for setting this up?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMetros5,

Multi-touch revenue attribution reports are a Marketing Hub Enterprise feature. They require that all assets are associated with your HubSpot campaigns.

You can learn more about creating these types of reports here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-a-multi-touch-revenue-attribution-report

Without this Enterprise subscription, it's currently not possible to create these kinds of reports.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMetros5,

The way this generally works in HubSpot is that all assets (landing pages, forms, workflows) are tagged with a campaign. These campaigns need to be set up separately, see here.

HubSpot is now checking whether contacts interact with assets and which campaigns these assets belong to. This is what a campaign attribution report would be based on.

There are various options for attribution reporting here, for example attributing all credit to the first interaction (e.g. a specific landing page associated to a campaign). That landing page would get the credit. What exactly that credit should count towards, can be decided in the report settings, e.g. which campaign was best in creating contacts, or generating revenue, for example.

Other attribution models are also available, for example linear, distributing credit for revenue evenly between all campaigns touched.

For revenue attribution, an Enterprise subscription is required. These options will simply not be available in a Professional subscription or lower, unfortunately.

After tagging your marketing assets with campaigns and HubSpot starts collecting this data, you will be able to ask the question: Which campaigns drove the most new contacts or revenue?

Does that clarify things?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MMetros5
Contributor

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler 

Do I set this up in the HubSpot Attribution Settings? 

I'm having trouble getting clarity from the subsequent attribution reporting. I am not sure if this is the right tool. 

What questions should I be asking myself as I set this up? I am very confused.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMetros5,

The way this generally works in HubSpot is that all assets (landing pages, forms, workflows) are tagged with a campaign. These campaigns need to be set up separately, see here.

HubSpot is now checking whether contacts interact with assets and which campaigns these assets belong to. This is what a campaign attribution report would be based on.

There are various options for attribution reporting here, for example attributing all credit to the first interaction (e.g. a specific landing page associated to a campaign). That landing page would get the credit. What exactly that credit should count towards, can be decided in the report settings, e.g. which campaign was best in creating contacts, or generating revenue, for example.

Other attribution models are also available, for example linear, distributing credit for revenue evenly between all campaigns touched.

For revenue attribution, an Enterprise subscription is required. These options will simply not be available in a Professional subscription or lower, unfortunately.

After tagging your marketing assets with campaigns and HubSpot starts collecting this data, you will be able to ask the question: Which campaigns drove the most new contacts or revenue?

Does that clarify things?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMetros5,

Multi-touch revenue attribution reports are a Marketing Hub Enterprise feature. They require that all assets are associated with your HubSpot campaigns.

You can learn more about creating these types of reports here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/create-a-multi-touch-revenue-attribution-report

Without this Enterprise subscription, it's currently not possible to create these kinds of reports.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler