CRM

HealthyLiving

phone number format

SOLVE

Hi there! we have connected our email to automatically sync contacts to help filter and automate, why is it the phone number is not coming up properly in hubspot, but is given out perfect in the email the lead provided.

for example: this is what our contact dashboard looks like

Carter Vitacco vitaccoc96@gmail.com    914     -- Unassigned

the 914 is the start of this leads contact info, the enitre phone number is given in the email.. so now we must open up the email on another device while we sit and update the format ofthe new lead that was synced

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

phone number format

SOLVE

Hi @HealthyLiving,

This sounds like HubSpot is automatically recognizing a non-HubSpot form. You would have to identify how the form is created and make sure the form fields are correctly mapped: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/use-non-hubspot-forms#mapping-non-hubspot-form-fields-and-hubspo...

It seems like that's not the case, hence the incorrect phone number.

As an alternative, you could embed a HubSpot form on your website. This would solve the issue: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/how-can-i-share-a-hubspot-form-if-im-using-an-external-site

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

michaeljay201
Solution
Contributor

phone number format

SOLVE

@HealthyLiving

The option of embedding a Hubspot form as @karstenkoehler suggests would be a good step forward for you, but it may not solve the problem entirely. Hubspot recently enabled a new feature for phone number validation and formatting, which is likely the source of your frustration.

After digging through existing Knowledge Base articles and blog posts to find any information on the update/change to automatic phone number formatting and validation directly from Hubspot, I found...pretty much nothing. 

So, I created a new Idea that encapsulates the feedback of not only your post here, but much of the other feedback and comments that I have come across in my search for info on phone number validation and auto-formatting. You can find that new Idea here.

Knowing that Hubspot only makes feature requests when a sufficient number of users request it, I would recommend upvoting and commenting as many of these ideas and posts as possible. The others I found are hereherehere, and here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
michaeljay201
Solution
Contributor

phone number format

SOLVE

@HealthyLiving

The option of embedding a Hubspot form as @karstenkoehler suggests would be a good step forward for you, but it may not solve the problem entirely. Hubspot recently enabled a new feature for phone number validation and formatting, which is likely the source of your frustration.

After digging through existing Knowledge Base articles and blog posts to find any information on the update/change to automatic phone number formatting and validation directly from Hubspot, I found...pretty much nothing. 

So, I created a new Idea that encapsulates the feedback of not only your post here, but much of the other feedback and comments that I have come across in my search for info on phone number validation and auto-formatting. You can find that new Idea here.

Knowing that Hubspot only makes feature requests when a sufficient number of users request it, I would recommend upvoting and commenting as many of these ideas and posts as possible. The others I found are hereherehere, and here.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

phone number format

SOLVE

Hi @HealthyLiving,

Could you specify how you set up this sync? Which tool is this sync with, are you using an integration? If you have details, links or screenshots, that would help with troubleshooting.

Connecting your email address will not automatically sync contacts or contact data.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
HealthyLiving

phone number format

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated it! 

So we use a business g suite email ans a square space website. So when someone submits a form submission via website it automatically syncs their contact info to hubspot which is great and saves lots of time on the automation with tracking the time they reached out l, getting them on our contact list here via hubspot. But the annoying part is when they leave include their phone number within the form submission (there is a spot for it) they will have it 201-333-1111 and in hubspot it will only sync up 201.. so now the automation has become just a problem because have to still go in, after pulling up email. Copying their contact and pasting. It's just another step we rather take out of the whole equation and allow it to full sync up.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

phone number format

SOLVE

Hi @HealthyLiving,

This sounds like HubSpot is automatically recognizing a non-HubSpot form. You would have to identify how the form is created and make sure the form fields are correctly mapped: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/use-non-hubspot-forms#mapping-non-hubspot-form-fields-and-hubspo...

It seems like that's not the case, hence the incorrect phone number.

As an alternative, you could embed a HubSpot form on your website. This would solve the issue: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/how-can-i-share-a-hubspot-form-if-im-using-an-external-site

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler