CRM

IHarris

Viewing one single contact property across multiple contacts?

SOLVE

Hi folks, I wondered if I could ask for your help

When somebody registers for one of our conferences, they fill-in some delegate information that is stored in a text field under their contact record.

I want to be able to pull up all of these entries in one convenient place.

What's the best way to do that?

(Or am I being silly recording this data under each individual's contact?)

Thanks!

Ian

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IHarris,

You could simply display this on the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts), filtering the view for the property "is known". Once you add a column to the view for this property, you would have this in one place.

However, as you already suggested, this is not a very clean process. It would be better for these contacts to be separate records, not stored in another record's text field.

This can be achieved in a Professional subscription using a workflow. You can reference fields from the form submission to create a new record. For example, if you have a field on your form called "Email 2", to capture the email address of a second person, it would look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1660241929414.png

That way, you'd have separate contact records.

Without workflows, this is not possible natively in HubSpot. It might be achievable via third-party automation like Zapier.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
IHarris

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, really appreciate your helpful response.

Actually, the first solution is one I hadn't thought of – and that works well enough for me. 

Thank you!

Ian

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IHarris,

You could simply display this on the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts), filtering the view for the property "is known". Once you add a column to the view for this property, you would have this in one place.

However, as you already suggested, this is not a very clean process. It would be better for these contacts to be separate records, not stored in another record's text field.

This can be achieved in a Professional subscription using a workflow. You can reference fields from the form submission to create a new record. For example, if you have a field on your form called "Email 2", to capture the email address of a second person, it would look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1660241929414.png

That way, you'd have separate contact records.

Without workflows, this is not possible natively in HubSpot. It might be achievable via third-party automation like Zapier.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.