CRM

SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

Update a Contact Field based on a Ticket Field

SOLVE

I am 99.9% sure there is no answer to this but just in the hope I have missed something and anyone knows how to do this. 

I have a ticket system that handles referrals from client base. There is a manual step in my process for someone to qualify a ticket and if it meets the criteria award a customer a bonus, lets say any number of widgets between 1-20, depending on value of referral. That widget bonus is entered into a ticket field and can be banked by the customer, so on the contact record I have a field called widgets banked. 

If a new referral ticket is approved and 10 widgets is entered into the field on that ticket, is there anyway through workflow to update the contact filed and add that field value.

I'm sure the answer is no but if anyone knows how I'd be very grateful of a steer in the right direction.

the running balance of bonus needs to be on the contact as this will drive list inclusion and mailing status. Also consider the running balance can be made up of multiple ticket fields overtime.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SWilsonA4u,

If I'm understanding your requirements correctly, this can be done.

You would create a ticket-based workflow for this. In the workflow, enroll the ticket based on the fact that the widgets property value is known. Then click one of the "+" signs and find Copy property value in the sidebar on the right. You can now copy a value from the ticket field into a contact field.

I've used different fields but this is what it would generally look like:

ticket.png

(This copy action will execute for all associated contacts for that ticket.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SWilsonA4u,

If I'm understanding your requirements correctly, this can be done.

You would create a ticket-based workflow for this. In the workflow, enroll the ticket based on the fact that the widgets property value is known. Then click one of the "+" signs and find Copy property value in the sidebar on the right. You can now copy a value from the ticket field into a contact field.

I've used different fields but this is what it would generally look like:

ticket.png

(This copy action will execute for all associated contacts for that ticket.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.