CRM

Edyta7510
Guide

Tracking prospects - Internet Service provider filter

Hello, 

I've just run into this feature - Track prospects - it's really great. 

As per knowledge database: 

Smaller companies and individuals may not have their own IP addresses. In those cases, the prospect will appear as the internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Cox, Verizon). By default, the prospects tool will filter these prospects out using the Internet service provider | is equal to | false filter. You can remove this by clicking the x on the filter.

My company is actually selling to Internet Service Providers - if this filter is applied, I don't see any of "our" prospects there. When the filter is removed though, I can see that data is not really reliable, as it takes into accounts these smaller companies/individuals that don't have their own IP addresses. 

Any advice how to solve this? 

Thanks!

Edyta

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hi @Edyta7510

Yes, you were right that by default, the prospects tool will filter these prospects out using the Internet service provider | is equal to | false filter.

But after removing this filter if you think data is not relevant then you can try to add your filters on the basis of Industry (Telecommunications, Supermarkets, etc), domain, state, source(referral), etc. and I think after trying these filters you will find more close prospects as per your business needs.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
Edyta7510
Guide

Hi @himanshurauthan I'm not sure this will solve all the problems. Companies mentioned in my example (Comcast, Cox, Verizon) are Internet Service Providers. They are the prospects we are interested in. When I remove this filter though, the numbers for these companies get incredibly high (I assume on top of the actual employees from these companies I do get a lot of individuals using their networks - these are definitely not our target as we're in B2B). 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Edyta7510, thank you for posting your question. I will add some top experts to share their thoughts @Mike_Eastwood@karstenkoehler  what would you recommend to @Edyta7510?

thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !