CRM

Wilkom

Search with customer number

SOLVE

Hello,

As part of my business, I need to configure hubspot with the ability to create a customer number by company and contact. I have already configured a property, but when I want to search by customer number, I have no result. I found a solution, it is to put the name of the company + the customer number together: "company - 00001", but it is not very practical.

Do you know another solution?

On the other hand, is it possible when I create a new company, that a contact is created automatically with the same data as the company?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely Julien.

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

You're welcome @Wilkom

If you are satisfied that I answered your quesiton, please consider marking it as solved.

Thanks, Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jasonhsu
Participant

SOLVE

So HubSpot believes that search by customer number is a feature that only enterprises should have access to by paying $3,200 a month. My client is a small, provincial, non-profit that works to improve the safety of the motor industry, I guess HubSpot decided that they don't deserve to search by customer number or whatever they choose to call the primary key then.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

0 Upvotes
Fee_Lee
Participant

SOLVE

There is a workaround I just figured out, go to Company, click more filter, select Company ID is equal to (xxxxxx) and the result will show.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @Wilkom 

Adding a custom property to HubSpot's internal search is, unfortunatly, an Enterprise feature. Company name is searchable by default, hence your workaround works. Notes is also searchable on both the company and contact objects, so you could put the number there.

Contacts can not automatically take the data from their associated company, that requires workflows, which are a pro feature, to copy the information from one record to another. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
Wilkom

SOLVE

thank you for your answer, I'll manage

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

You're welcome @Wilkom

If you are satisfied that I answered your quesiton, please consider marking it as solved.

Thanks, Phil.

0 Upvotes