CRM

gmr1970
Participant

Referral program using Hubspot CRM

SOLVE

Hello,

Can I have a referral program using Hubspot free CRM?

I would like to give some unique ID to a customer (it could be a unique code) .

Then that customer could say to a friend: "Fill the form on URL and use the code F43JMA"

In that way I would know that the new lead was sent by my customer.

Is this possible?

Thanks  

1 Accepted solution
OliviaRoberts
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @gmr1970!

HubSpot does not currently have a referral program in our platform. One option for you is to store this information by using custom properties which you can read more about here. Using the custom properties would allow for you to store any referrals within HubSpot. 

Best, 

Olivia

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
Brax

SOLVE

We use Viral Loops and it's pretty solid. Has a direct integration with Hubspot and makes it easy to issue custom referral links, has a dashboard for users to see their referral counts, and can send contacts back into our Hubspot account for email marketing.

It was pretty easy to setup and would recommend checking them out if you're looking for a hubspot referral app.

0 Upvotes
jlogic

SOLVE

Referral Rock has a great HubSpot Referral Program integration . It has a contact sync so you can send referral links from HS email campaigns.  You can also trigger rewardsusing the CRM contact/deal/company statuses.

0 Upvotes
KirstySharman

SOLVE

We found our Referral Software here, its an independent list of all the best referral apps (that integrate with HubSpot) reviewed > https://influencermarketinghub.com/top-referral-marketing-software-tools/ 

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KirstySharman, hope you are doing well!

¡Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

bethgoulet
Participant

SOLVE

Has anyone found a GDPR compliant solution to this yet? I can easily set up a form to have someone submit their friends info for us to email, but that friend has not consented to being emailed.

Seems like the best option would be to create a custom link for a user to share with their friends and track registrations from that link - is this scalable and able to be automated in HubSpot?

jlogic

SOLVE

Hey there!  We have a referral program product that works with HubSpot CRM. We're a HubSpot App Partner and work with the CRM in a variety of ways:

• We'll assign the referral code to your customers and the customer gets a special URL (where the code won't get lost) for their friend to fill out a form.
  • Alternatively their friends can use the code on a HubSpot form or any form on your site.
  • You can update the status of a new customer in the CRM and it will update our platform, which in turn can update the referring customer.  (keeping everyone in the loop)

We've tried to think of a variety of ways a referral program can work well in the HubSpot ecosystem and we have even more on the way. You can learn more about referral tracking from our software integration page or on our HubSpot App page.

If you have questions feel free to reply or reach out on our site where you can do a free trial or schedule a meet and greet with to our team.

0 Upvotes
Eventige
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

I agree with what @OliviaRoberts said about the Custom Fields. Essentially think of Custom Fields as endless programmable options, which sit in a database. You can add as many as you want, and configure them to either run front-facing (I.E. Forced Default Contact Properpties View), or you can have them running under the hood and individualized to the Contact.

When it comes to dynamic numbers, then you can use Zapier or program Workflows to further take that data set and match with Steps, Actions, Triggers, and create a variety of Business Logic Models that can help to build automation of any kind.

Feel free to keep us in the loop on whether you were able to solve for the issue; if you need further help, happy to assist on a screenshare and show you what can be done.

skershner
Participant

SOLVE

Hello - 

I'd be interested in talking to you about developing a custom solution for our Referral Tracking needs. It sounds like you have some good ideas.  How do I reach you?  Thanks!  Sherene

0 Upvotes
OliviaRoberts
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @gmr1970!

HubSpot does not currently have a referral program in our platform. One option for you is to store this information by using custom properties which you can read more about here. Using the custom properties would allow for you to store any referrals within HubSpot. 

Best, 

Olivia

tomfoutsitzis
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Here's a great article on Linkedin by someone who used only HubSpot tools to build a referral program (not GDPR compliant)
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/building-your-own-referral-program-hubspot-kai-crow/

Vidyard made by a colleague of mine: 
https://share.vidyard.com/watch/xU4VmyGPCDYxT8VFRwRrpK

JerryReid
Contributor

SOLVE

I think the solution referenced in the LinkedIn article is great, but I do not believe it is a GDPR compliant solution.

0 Upvotes
gmr1970
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks a lot, Olivia!

I'll check the information about custom properties.

Have a great year!

0 Upvotes