CRM

LMartinezRive
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite

Match email - phone number

resolver

Hi! 

I would need your help to solve us this issue we have for a project we are about to set up.

Our client does not have the email of their clients, because they work with their phone number. As so, we will work on a marketing strategy to gather emails. 

However, to set up the account, I would like to know this info:

1- Add a contact WITHOUT email:

1.1 We would need to know if we can add contacts that DO NOT have an email address

1.2 We would need to know if we could convert the data of a custom object to a contact WITHOUT having an email

2- Match web behaviour - phone:

Imagine we would have the following situation:

A user of our database of which we only have his telephone number (not email), when he navigates first time through our web, we will not be able to identify his email with his phone in our database.  With Hubspot, would it be possible that user downloads an ebook, in the website, and ask him for his phone and email, so we could have both data?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Lorena

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @LMartinezRive,

Yes, contacts can be added without an email address. This will increase however the difficulty for anything to follow.

If a contact fills out a website form, a duplicate contact record would be created. (This duplicate would have to be merged manually.) HubSpot cannot update an existing record if there isn't an email address to go by.

If another file of contacts is imported that does not contain a column for the unique Contact ID, a duplicate would be created. (The Contact ID would be the only unique identifier for your contacts, see this article on record deduplication.) This acts the same way the email address does – only that you would now have to make sure that it's included in any import file when it's known. If you import the same file without a Contact ID column twice, HubSpot would create every contact twice.

Regarding your second question, this is unfortunately not possible, at least not natively. (This might be possible with custom development and custom code in Operations Hub Professional – both of which would require the help of a developer.) If someone fills out a form on the website, HubSpot would create a new contact record, unless there is a contact in the CRM that has the exact same email address.

I'm not aware of any workarounds here either, unfortunately. HubSpot does not offer any real-time matching of any property other than the Email. With what you've described, you'd get a lot of duplicates which you'd have to manage after their creation: Deduplicate records in HubSpot

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @LMartinezRive,

Yes, contacts can be added without an email address. This will increase however the difficulty for anything to follow.

If a contact fills out a website form, a duplicate contact record would be created. (This duplicate would have to be merged manually.) HubSpot cannot update an existing record if there isn't an email address to go by.

If another file of contacts is imported that does not contain a column for the unique Contact ID, a duplicate would be created. (The Contact ID would be the only unique identifier for your contacts, see this article on record deduplication.) This acts the same way the email address does – only that you would now have to make sure that it's included in any import file when it's known. If you import the same file without a Contact ID column twice, HubSpot would create every contact twice.

Regarding your second question, this is unfortunately not possible, at least not natively. (This might be possible with custom development and custom code in Operations Hub Professional – both of which would require the help of a developer.) If someone fills out a form on the website, HubSpot would create a new contact record, unless there is a contact in the CRM that has the exact same email address.

I'm not aware of any workarounds here either, unfortunately. HubSpot does not offer any real-time matching of any property other than the Email. With what you've described, you'd get a lot of duplicates which you'd have to manage after their creation: Deduplicate records in HubSpot

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.