CRM

pcrivera21

Hubspot owner in contact token field of SMS

SOLVE

I want to request to put hubspot owner in contact token field in SMS. 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Samantha_Alford
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Roisin,

yes, my SMS add-on allows you to add the Contact Owner's first and last name to the SMS. To do so, my customers just put in {hubspot_owner_id} in the text message and it converts the HubSpot Owner ID number to the first and last name of the owner (note that the personalisation tokens with my add-on require single brackets { } not double {{ }} so that we don't confuse HubL with our code).  My customers use it mostly for automatically introducing the account or sales reps to their prospects or customers. eg "Hi {firstname}, my name is {hubspot_owner_id} and I will be assisting you with your enquiry about...". This comes through in the text as "Hi Roisin, my name is Samantha Alford and I will be assisting you with your enquiry about..." etc.

If we need to break it into first and last name so it doesn't contain the full name of the contact owner we can modify our code to do that also.

Also, our add-on allows the use of any contact property including custom contact properties for personalisation, including dates (these can also be tricky as HubSpot passes dates as unix/epoch time values (ie. a number) so our system converts them to dates with a **bleep** code in the personalisation token).

I hope that helps (and answers your question).

Cheers,

Sam

Samantha Alford
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Samantha_Alford
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

2 things about my reply to note.

The first is that for some reason the word **bleep** was replaced with **bleep** in my reply which is weird (s.p.e.c.i.a.l in case it bleeps it out again lol).

And secondly, I noticed that the question had the tag of sales & CRM and thought I should clarify that my add-on needs workflows to be able to work. I am in the process of developing a solution for Sales only users but that isn't in production yet.

Cheers,

Sam

Samantha Alford

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@Samantha_Alford is this possible using your integration?

0 Upvotes
Samantha_Alford
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Roisin,

yes, my SMS add-on allows you to add the Contact Owner's first and last name to the SMS. To do so, my customers just put in {hubspot_owner_id} in the text message and it converts the HubSpot Owner ID number to the first and last name of the owner (note that the personalisation tokens with my add-on require single brackets { } not double {{ }} so that we don't confuse HubL with our code).  My customers use it mostly for automatically introducing the account or sales reps to their prospects or customers. eg "Hi {firstname}, my name is {hubspot_owner_id} and I will be assisting you with your enquiry about...". This comes through in the text as "Hi Roisin, my name is Samantha Alford and I will be assisting you with your enquiry about..." etc.

If we need to break it into first and last name so it doesn't contain the full name of the contact owner we can modify our code to do that also.

Also, our add-on allows the use of any contact property including custom contact properties for personalisation, including dates (these can also be tricky as HubSpot passes dates as unix/epoch time values (ie. a number) so our system converts them to dates with a **bleep** code in the personalisation token).

I hope that helps (and answers your question).

Cheers,

Sam

Samantha Alford
0 Upvotes
Samantha_Alford
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

2 things about my reply to note.

The first is that for some reason the word **bleep** was replaced with **bleep** in my reply which is weird (s.p.e.c.i.a.l in case it bleeps it out again lol).

And secondly, I noticed that the question had the tag of sales & CRM and thought I should clarify that my add-on needs workflows to be able to work. I am in the process of developing a solution for Sales only users but that isn't in production yet.

Cheers,

Sam

Samantha Alford
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks Sam! I'll look into that original error and thanks for clarifiation r.e. your integration focus - good to know!

0 Upvotes