CRM

A2Ben
Contributor

How to remove due time from task?

SOLVE

Hi! I've associated a due date and time with a task but now don't want the time. I can't, however, figure out how to remove the due time. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ben

1 Accepted solution
A2Ben
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you, Roisin. It turns out that what you need to do is put the cursor into the time field and hit <delete>. That seems to remove the time.

Ben

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
staceyp
Participant

SOLVE

I realize this is an older thread but does anyone know if this topic has been revisited or addressed with any other options or solutions?

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @A2Ben this Knowledge Base article outlines how you can edit tasks in the CRM: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/tasks/how-can-i-edit-tasks-in-the-crm

If you have any difficulty following the steps in this article / experience any roadblocks then let me know.

You'll need to navigate to Tasks > Click on the Task > Click Due Date in the menu that appears in your sidebar. 

refresh-edit-task-list.png

0 Upvotes
A2Ben
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you, Roisin. It turns out that what you need to do is put the cursor into the time field and hit <delete>. That seems to remove the time.

Ben

Malone17
Participant

SOLVE

This doesn't seem to work.

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Malone17   hope you are doing well!

Since this is an old thread, I encourage you to create a new conversation, this way more users will be able to see it.

Please make sure to add context, screenshots, and all the details you can.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MHManes
Participant

SOLVE

When I click on the time field, I am only presented with a drop down menu. I am unable to "put the cursor in the time field" only select time options from the dropdown. (And there is not a "none" option in the dropdown).

Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 11.04.47 AM.png

StephRE
Participant

SOLVE

Bump? Anyone?

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @StephRE,

What are you experiencing and what roadblock are you encountering? The more screenshots, details and information you can include, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
StephRE
Participant

SOLVE

The screenshots above are the same as what I have. Setting a time on the task is just a pesky step and makes things overdue for that day as soon as the time passes. It would be extremely helpful to disable this.

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 5.59.40 PM.png

Don1
Participant

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda Can we get a response from HubSpot staff on this thread? It seems there is pretty compelling consensus among users that it would be helpful to at least have the option to remove the TIME (specifically hours) from a task due date.

There are far too many ocassions where users would like a certain task due by a date, but have no need or desire for a specific hour. 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Don1,

Thank you for tagging me into this thread. There is an idea in the ideas forum that is discussing something similar. @blodge was able to share some insight in that space. I would recommend adding your feedback and use cases to that thread and continuing the discussion over there.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Don1
Participant

SOLVE

Experiencing the same issue here. What the users above are requesting is the ability to remove a TIME from a task.

The default for tasks in HubSpot seems to have changed so that you are forced to add a specific time. In many cases, this is irrelevant for daily reminders that have no need for an exact hour.

Is there not a way to change a due date for a task from " 3 / 21 / 19 at 8:00 AM" to just 
"3 / 21 / 19" or effectively remove the time?

If not, please add a "None" option in the drop down field for time.

stinhambo
Contributor

SOLVE

Yup agreed, especially if tasks have been added to a Queue, adding a due time makes no sense.

JarnoKylander
Participant

SOLVE

I totally agree. I can't see a reason why there should be set time and date for a task when adding them to a queue.

meeko

SOLVE

Your solution of hitting "delete" in the time field is not working for me.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,