CRM

IrshadKhan

How to organise Sales Contacts/Companies for Multiple Bids per Deal

SOLVE

Hi there, help needed!

We're currently integrating HubSpot and would like to know the best solution to a common use-case of ours. We are an aggregator site for transport, e.g. if you wanted a large taxi from London to Manchester, we would supply you instant prices but also send the request to our partners (taxi Operators) to quote via our own dashboard for the booking request.

The current workflow (not developed in HubSpot) is similar to below:

1. A lead visits the site and enters in their details.
  2. A new ‘contact’ is created for the ‘lead’. A new ‘deal’ is created and associated with the ‘contact’.
  3. Our partner are prompted to quote for a booking via our Dashboard.
  4. the ‘lead’ views the quoted price for the deal and books.
  5. ‘Lead’ becomes a ‘customer’

I would like to understand how we would use HubSpot to detail all the activity in the 'Contact' or 'Deal' timelines.

I’m not sure on the following:

• Do we need to create a ‘company’ per our Partner?
  • How would the timeline for a ‘deal’ be updated?

My initial idea was:

1. ‘Lead’ visits the website and enters in their details to view instant prices.
  2. A ‘Contact’ is created in our internal DB and HubSpot.
  3. A ‘Deal’ is created and associated to the ‘Contact’ which details the bookings information.
  4. When a 'Partner' quotes, this is also detailed in the 'Deal'.
  5. The Customers/Leads would be listed via a custom property ‘contact_type’ of ‘B2CUser’
  6. The partner would be listed via a custom property ‘contact_type’ of ‘CoachOperator’.

Please let me know if anything needs clarifying.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@IrshadKhan

I understand your thought process and based on the limited amount of information I know, it makes sense to me.

As far as keeping the deal up-to-date and moving through deal stages, I would keep that in your team's hands vs. the partner.

My recommendation is to move with your idea and as things come up that can improve the process, you can make those adjustments. If it's possible, you may want to test that workflow situation with 1 or 2 partners before rolling out to all.

Ping me if I can be of future assistance. Always happy to help!

Thanks for the mention @roisinkirby!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @IrshadKhan You might be able to do this via APIs.Have your dev team look at the HubSpot Deals API and Company/Contact APIs in our developers forum.

Outside of API usage, you would have to do everything manaully, which in your quick turn-around environment might be not be feasible.  

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
IrshadKhan

SOLVE

Hi @edjusten,

Thanks for the reply, we will be using the API. The question was moreso focused on validating my idea and if it made sense or not, OR even if there was a better way of implementation.

Any ideas?

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @KyleJepson@cbsembler@Josh@ndwilliams3@FesAskari_SIC do you have any feedback / advice for @IrshadKhan based on the inbound process described above? 

Josh
Solution

SOLVE

@IrshadKhan

I understand your thought process and based on the limited amount of information I know, it makes sense to me.

As far as keeping the deal up-to-date and moving through deal stages, I would keep that in your team's hands vs. the partner.

My recommendation is to move with your idea and as things come up that can improve the process, you can make those adjustments. If it's possible, you may want to test that workflow situation with 1 or 2 partners before rolling out to all.

Ping me if I can be of future assistance. Always happy to help!

Thanks for the mention @roisinkirby!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer