CRM

WJurek
Participant

Finding data problems questions

At our organisation, we're creating a folder of dynamic lists called 'data problems'. This is a list of companies or contacts (and hopefully, deals) that have some required properties missing, associations missing, or just generally incompatible data. This has been great for spotting issues before sending out marketing campaigns and such.

We're having problem with one list, though.

We have criteria in which when a deal comes through a partner, we must have the partner contact that referred us to the deal associated with the deal.

We do this manually, so if we get a lead from Nelson at ACME corp, one of our partners, then we:

1. Create the deal
  2. Set the source to "Referral"
  3. Add the relevant company and contact to the deal
  4. Add Nelson to the deal.

Everything here is relatively standard, except for the fourth point. Sometimes that step 'slips through the cracks'.

I need to procure a list of deals (or companies that have deals) that:

1. Have source = referral
  2. Don't have an associated contact in our partner firm.

This list will go into our 'data issues' folder.

Step 1 is easy, step 2 is very hard. I can't find a way to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
JPanama
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @WJurek

Thanks for reaching out. So, the first thing to clear up is that we cannot create lists of Deals, just Contacts or Companies. Assuming you're okay with a Companies list, I came up with a solution that might work. Please see screenshot. 

In this list, I'm filtering for Companies with an Associated Deal with a source of refferals. Then I've added an AND statement to filter for Contacts associated to those Companies who do not have the Company Name of partnercompany. 

Depending on which properties you use to define Partner Companies, you could use a different property here, but this example should help to get you started. Let me know if that works for you. 

Best, 
Joe (HubSpot Moderator)

WJurek
Participant

Hey Joe,

Much appreciated for the thought-out reply. Unfortunately, the second clause:  "Any associated contact doesn't have partner company" will check for every associated record for truthiness. This means that the resulted list won't include companies that have a contact that isn't a partner company, which is true for all of them.

I hope I explained that correctly!

0 Upvotes
JPanama
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @WJurek

Thanks for getting back to me. Would you mind dropping me a DM? I'd like to look into this with you using some concrete examples. 

Best, 
Joe

0 Upvotes