CRM

PeterBrella
Participant

Error when creating Hubspot Engagement from Google Form through Zapier

SOLVE

Situation:
I am creating a Zap to move submitted form info from a Google Form to Hubspot (as the Hubspot Workflows doesn’t support creation of an Engagement - which is also why I am not using Hubspot Forms).

Steps:

• Form submission
  • Create Engagement, with Create Note and Body of note containing all the fields from the Form submit
  • I have tried to map against “Emails of the Contacts Objects...” with custom field the email field from the form, but it gives the below error.

Invalid input JSON on line 1, column 112: Cannot deserialize value of type `com.hubspot.engagements.base.EngagementsProtos$Associations` from String "my.email@gmail.com": not a valid long value

(actual email anonymised here)

9d677c0a-ea15-411f-a48b-5fdb132584ff.png

What am I doing wrong? How do I map against a Contact email in Hubspot? (as the contact email very likely will exist already)

Or should I first make a Zap to create the Contact?

Thank you in advance!!

(I have posted this in the Zapier community as well: hoping to find the answer soon!)

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
DigitalWoods
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @PeterBrella ,

This should work fine if the contact already exists.

DigitalWoods_0-1602002400858.png

For new contacts, you'll have to create a contact first. 2-step zap should do the trick.

You may also consider using the engagement API if you have access to a developer (If not, I can help)- https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/engagements/create_engagement

In case the vanilla look of Google forms is bothering you, here's another trick to whitelabel and change the look and feel of Google forms - https://youtu.be/dOIUClmtlcc

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Saurav

saurav@digitalwoods.net

View solution in original post

DigitalWoods
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Simply add the contact owner in the "Assigned to" field. I had left that blank in the screenshot.

In case you want it to be assigned dynamically based on form responses, it gets a bit tricky. But a simple fix would be to create multiple zaps and assign them to individual contact owners.

Cheers,

PS: Please tag my answer as "Solution" if it worked for you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PeterBrella
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!! Yes, that works indeed. Will definitely build the Zap to create the contact too.

Another question: how do I map the Note to the Contact or Deal Owner? I can't see how to do that.

Thanks in advance!

DigitalWoods
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Simply add the contact owner in the "Assigned to" field. I had left that blank in the screenshot.

In case you want it to be assigned dynamically based on form responses, it gets a bit tricky. But a simple fix would be to create multiple zaps and assign them to individual contact owners.

Cheers,

PS: Please tag my answer as "Solution" if it worked for you.

DigitalWoods
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @PeterBrella ,

This should work fine if the contact already exists.

DigitalWoods_0-1602002400858.png

For new contacts, you'll have to create a contact first. 2-step zap should do the trick.

You may also consider using the engagement API if you have access to a developer (If not, I can help)- https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/engagements/create_engagement

In case the vanilla look of Google forms is bothering you, here's another trick to whitelabel and change the look and feel of Google forms - https://youtu.be/dOIUClmtlcc

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Saurav

saurav@digitalwoods.net