CRM

mdrnd
Participant

Custom deal properties based on different deal pipelines

SOLVE

Hey everyone,

Is there any specific plans on the rodmap to be able create custom deal properties based on specific pipelines? For example we have 2 different pipelines;

1) Onboarding pipeline, where you can onboard new clients (mostly paperwork stuff)

2) Deal pipeline where you can keep track of actual sales and transaction activities

As you may guess, each deal pipeline has its own dynamics which requires different custom properties.

I know this issue has already been mentioned and discussed earlier but I want to learn if we have anything closer to a release.

Thanks,

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd,

You're right, the knowledgebase article is inaccurate. Then the only thing I could think of would be separate sections – at least the properties specific to a pipeline would be grouped then. Far from ideal but better than nothing.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

stuartbalcombe
Solution
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

This has been released! Super exciting!

I recorded a video thinking of how I think about organizing pipelines different lifecycle stages in HubSpot.

At a high level I suggest:

Separating your lifecycle stages. Here’s what I mean:

→ Create a new deal + pipeline for onboarding
→ Create new ticket + pipeline for onboarding

We often get asked why it’s not advisable to add onboarding details to:

→ Use the same deal as sales
→ Add additional stages in the sales pipeline

Having a separate pipeline for onboarding means:

1/ You have control over the stages and content in your onboarding pipeline.

2/ You have timestamped data about pipeline movements to report on onboarding performance.

3/ You don’t disrupt the sales team and their pipeline reporting with additional stages.

4/ There is clear ownership over who is responsible for the customers experience.

5/ You can display information specific to each lifecycle stage on the deal card.

Pipelines in HubSpot are designed specifically for the purpose of moving a customer through a series of steps to reach a defined outcome.

When you split your customer lifecycle stages every pipeline has a dedicated purpose.

If you have a defined metric for what success looks like in each pipeline, you’ll have better results and a clearer reporting for your customers.

This gives everyone a better experience.

Always happy to chat about setting up HubSpot to run onboarding and customer success. I've been working on an in-depth guide and video series here.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
NPW
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello All,

If you are looking to customize the left sidebar fields per pipeline, please upvote the following thread:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Deal-View-Layout-by-Pipeline-or-Field-selection/idc-p...

Thank you!

MJacobson7
Participant

SOLVE

I am having this same issue. We have three separate pipelines, and while we can customize the Deal card for each one, we are using the same "Create a Deal" form for each one, which is unwieldy for the teams for which the Deal card wasn't designed. 

stuartbalcombe
Solution
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

This has been released! Super exciting!

I recorded a video thinking of how I think about organizing pipelines different lifecycle stages in HubSpot.

At a high level I suggest:

Separating your lifecycle stages. Here’s what I mean:

→ Create a new deal + pipeline for onboarding
→ Create new ticket + pipeline for onboarding

We often get asked why it’s not advisable to add onboarding details to:

→ Use the same deal as sales
→ Add additional stages in the sales pipeline

Having a separate pipeline for onboarding means:

1/ You have control over the stages and content in your onboarding pipeline.

2/ You have timestamped data about pipeline movements to report on onboarding performance.

3/ You don’t disrupt the sales team and their pipeline reporting with additional stages.

4/ There is clear ownership over who is responsible for the customers experience.

5/ You can display information specific to each lifecycle stage on the deal card.

Pipelines in HubSpot are designed specifically for the purpose of moving a customer through a series of steps to reach a defined outcome.

When you split your customer lifecycle stages every pipeline has a dedicated purpose.

If you have a defined metric for what success looks like in each pipeline, you’ll have better results and a clearer reporting for your customers.

This gives everyone a better experience.

Always happy to chat about setting up HubSpot to run onboarding and customer success. I've been working on an in-depth guide and video series here.

jphilbrook
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

@mdrnd - To be candid - even the conditional properties feature isn't a great fix. There is some basic information that is always displayed and then you can tell HubSpot what to display based on certain attributes. I find it a bit temperamental. You can also (with enterprise) create different views based on the user's role. This is more consistent but doesn't help when the change is the pipeline view, not the user profile. 

I believe Pipelines are a fundamental part of Sales functionality. We need the ability to set fields visible by Pipeline and change the Deal Card by Pipeline. 

SpringFal91
Participant

SOLVE

I'd love the ability to assign different deal properties to the deal record "About This Deal" section based on the pipeline. Which I think is inline with what OP is looking for! It would be so helpful.

jphilbrook
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

I have the same issue too. I'm so surprised you can't customize required deal fields and deal cards per pipeline. We use the conditional section and breaking those out by team, but it doesn't help when setting up the deal views or deal creation. 

HAmijee
Participant

SOLVE

Same issue for me too.

We have several pipelines for monitoriing different activities such as sales, in-boarding, collaborations and investment. For each of thee different pipelines, in the deal cards, where you can only show two properties, I would like to specifiy that these properties are different for each pipeline. 

for eg, in the sales - the the 2 properties on the cards are amount & last activity date

but for the inbound pipeline the 2 properties are custom properties that describe legal status etc

mdrnd
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Yes, I guess that's the only option left as a work around.

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd,

You're right, the knowledgebase article is inaccurate. Then the only thing I could think of would be separate sections – at least the properties specific to a pipeline would be grouped then. Far from ideal but better than nothing.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mdrnd
Participant

SOLVE

So basically there is only a small work around which is working with conditional sections to alter the view of leftbar and that comes with Enterprise package.

Anyone else has this issue and/or has come up with a solution yet?

JRisku
Participant

SOLVE

We have the same issue. We would definitely like to have pipeline specific deal properties.

0 Upvotes
TBradberry7
Participant

SOLVE

We have the same issue. Multiple pipelines but with very different information requirements for each. I'd like to take out a whole load of fields currently included for the commercial (sales) pipeline but as I understand it I can't make any changes just for this pipeline - it would impact all others. A workaround might be to try and group the fields in a more logical order? 

CBingenehimer
Participant

SOLVE

Yes same issue, we use seperate sections already. We have multiple pipelines and would like to add addition for other departments of our company but are hesitate because of this issue. We have to have our property fields for new deals very strict for the Sales team but those fields would be non-exisitent for the other pipelines we want to add.  Would love to see this update! 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd, according to the knowledgebase article it is 🙂

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
mdrnd
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I'm aware of the fact that we could create customize the leftbar based on the pipeline but I thought that conditional sections also come with Enterprise package? Can you confirm this it's also available in Pro?

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mdrnd,

I don't think HubSpot would change something as fundamental as property behavior. (But who knows? You could always suggest it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestions based on popularity.)

However, there is a neat workaround that, I think, accomplishes the same goal for you. It looks like you're on a Professional subscription which means that you can create conditional sections in the sidebar of your deal record. In other words, you can decide which properties to show in the left sidebar based on the pipeline of the deal that you're currently viewing. For pipeline 1, you could show properties A, B and C in the sidebar. For pipeline 2, you could show properties D, E and F in the sidebar. By doing this, you could make some properties invisible based on the deal pipeline, avoiding confusion and only showing what matters.

Unfortunately there isn't a feature like this for mandatory fields during record creation but the sidebar alone would be a huge help here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes