CRM

JChen1
Participant

Campaign Member in HubSpot

Does HubSpot have the equivalent of a Salesforce Campaign Member?

Like in Salesforce, we structure our company events as Campaigns and then store event-specific information at the Campaign Member level, so we can track this information while not having it live at the Contact level where it would be overwritten by each new event.

I know we could potentially use Deals to store this type of information, but that doesn't seem like the best place to store it.  Is there an equivalent of a Salesforce Campaign Member object that I could use to store event-specific information that is related to a Contact?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
lorenposendek
Participant

Glad this post exists! We have a similar use case.

We're planning to use a custom object and have no issues with the "campaign" and associating contacts/companies, but where we're stuck is tracking the date that the contact or company is associated with the custom object. 

Curious if anyone has solved for this?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JChen1 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I don't see something similar in HubSpot for this but I want to tag some experts that know both Salesforce and HubSpot to see what they think - @Aakar @StefaniUAT @BNGUYEN do you have any thoughts for @JChen1 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Aakar
Key Advisor

Thanks @TiphaineCuisset 

Hi @JChen1 

HubSpot and Salesforce campaigns are two different things. Generally, I create a list in HubSpot based on the Salesforce campaign name and segment the contacts accordingly.

Alternatively, you can create a HubSpot custom object for these things, IMO. I've not made a custom object yet, so I can't say much about it.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
JChen1
Participant

@Aakar 

The goal is to have a contact record specific to an event though.  For example, I attend 3 different corporate events.  In Contacts object, I would only want to have 1 Contact for myself, but I would want to have 3 Event-specific Contact records (i.e. Campaign Members in Salesforce).  These 3 event-specific Contact records would have custom fields that stored various event information like my engagement score, duration spent at event, etc for each individual event.  I can't store these at the contact record because it would be scalable as I could be attending a bunch of different events.  Is there no standard object that I could use for this type of Campaign Member functionality?

0 Upvotes
IreneG
Participant

JChen, were you able to do something to achieve this? 
For me this should be basic in a platform like Hubspot. We run campaigns and it'd be super useful and necessary to store at least the campaign member status saying if they clicked in the email, registerd to the event, etc. At the moment I have to do this in spreadsheets outside Hubspot. Even if it was at the list level to be able to create a couple of fields and manage the campaigns through lists. 

bstewartCastle
Participant

I was researching this today and I think I've come up with a good solution.

For an event (or any other concerted marketing activity), create a campaign and then create a list for each campaign member status that is connected back to the campaign:

[Campaign object] Campaign A

[List object] Name = Campaign A - Invited

[List object] Name = Campaign A - Registered

[List object] Name = Campaign A - Attended

Once you have done that, you can go to the campaign record screen and see pretty much what you had in Salesforce. From there, you can create automations that help move contacts from one list to the next based on activity.

0 Upvotes