CRM

giedreLego

CRM for inbound sales vs CRM for outbound sales?

SOLVE

Hi, dear people!

I just got signed in.

I was figuring out, which crm to use now (previously I had experience with others).
I got confused when I sow, that hubSpot crm is for inbound sales, so it got me wondering, why(how?) the crms may differ,  depending on lead type?

In my case - I am going to use it for both (log and track all leads). I am curious, how it may reflect? What is the difference or impact for the outbound leads, that will be sotred and managed in inbound crm? 

Have an awesom day!

2 Accepted solutions
MrJustinGivens
Solution
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hey @giedreLego HubSpot CRM can, and should, be used for both inbound and outbound sales.

Inbound sales would be contacts that have reached out to your company for more details (a lead). 

Outbound sales would be the contacts you are targeting. You would be manually adding these prospects into the CRM to keep everything tracked and organized.

The CRM would include all your contacts. Specifically in HubSpot, your inbound leads would be marked as "Marketing Contacts" and your Outbound leads until they submit or give consent would be "Non-marketing Contacts".

Check out this knowledge base article about marketing contact status.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Cheers,

Justin

View solution in original post

Dan1
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @giedreLego , 

I can see how that confusion has occured, as a lot of HubSpots messaging has been about driving Inbound leads. However @MrJustinGivens  is totally right the HubSpot CRM is used for both. 

We can back this up with a little bit of data as we work with 4,000 + HubSpot CRM customers who focus on BIG Strategic Target accounts, where they are using Inbound and Outbound lead generation. 

Often you can't win these sized deals with out enaging an account using both methods. Some of our very best customers use the power of HubSpots target accounts functionality, so that sales and marketing can work together in a focused way.

I hope this helped? 

Kind regards, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1668425118377.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Dan1
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @giedreLego , 

I can see how that confusion has occured, as a lot of HubSpots messaging has been about driving Inbound leads. However @MrJustinGivens  is totally right the HubSpot CRM is used for both. 

We can back this up with a little bit of data as we work with 4,000 + HubSpot CRM customers who focus on BIG Strategic Target accounts, where they are using Inbound and Outbound lead generation. 

Often you can't win these sized deals with out enaging an account using both methods. Some of our very best customers use the power of HubSpots target accounts functionality, so that sales and marketing can work together in a focused way.

I hope this helped? 

Kind regards, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1668425118377.png

MrJustinGivens
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @giedreLego HubSpot CRM can, and should, be used for both inbound and outbound sales.

Inbound sales would be contacts that have reached out to your company for more details (a lead). 

Outbound sales would be the contacts you are targeting. You would be manually adding these prospects into the CRM to keep everything tracked and organized.

The CRM would include all your contacts. Specifically in HubSpot, your inbound leads would be marked as "Marketing Contacts" and your Outbound leads until they submit or give consent would be "Non-marketing Contacts".

Check out this knowledge base article about marketing contact status.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Cheers,

Justin