CRM

SWallace0
Participant

Block a contact from webchat

SOLVE

Is it possible to block a contact from chatting via webchat?

We have someone that is being a pest and won't stop harrasing.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SWallace0,

Yes, you can block senders in the Conversations inbox by selecting the chat and clicking the More button on the upper right of the screen.

karstenkoehler_0-1628479821149.png

Currently the person could simply start a new conversation with new details. There is already a request in the HubSpot Ideas section to be able to block persons by IP address. I'd recommend upvoting and commenting with your use case, the product team hopes to implement this functionality in 2021.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SWallace0 ,

Few of my clients uses whathub integration https://prnt.sc/1lkxch2, but i couldn't find any way to block a user there. As suggested by @karstenkoehler , upvote the idea on idea section of community.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

SWallace0
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SWallace0,

Yes, you can block senders in the Conversations inbox by selecting the chat and clicking the More button on the upper right of the screen.

karstenkoehler_0-1628479821149.png

Currently the person could simply start a new conversation with new details. There is already a request in the HubSpot Ideas section to be able to block persons by IP address. I'd recommend upvoting and commenting with your use case, the product team hopes to implement this functionality in 2021.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ikam
Participant

SOLVE

This is a pointless feature. Have you ever used it? It never works consistently, however it only blocks contacts from being added and does not stop email or chat communication. Make sure you provide a genuine response rather than a feature that has nothing to do with the subject. If you try blocking a contact using your idea, you'll realize it's a pointless reaction.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Ikam,

Thank you for your feedback. 

I wanted to refer you to the expected behavior of the conversations tool when you click block send mentioned in this help article.

If there is an additional feature you would like to see added to the block sender action, I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
SWallace0
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you