CRM

smk

Automatically enrolling active list contacts in sequences

SOLVE

I have an active list.  One of the criteria is contacts that haven't been touched in 30 days.  Therefore every day there are new results in the list.  Every day, I want that day's list results/contacts to be enrolled in a sequence.

How?  Thanks.

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @smk,

Currently it's not possible to auto-enroll contacts into sequences. You can only enroll contacts from the contact's record or select up to 50 contacts, as explained here.

There is a workaround that might make your life easier. You can clone or modify your active list and add an additional filter, click 'Contact properties', find 'Now in Sequence' and select 'has never been equal to True'. Your list will populate with contacts that have not been enrolled before. You can now use it like a to-do-list. Still manual enrollment but you'll see at a glance which contacts have not been reached out to.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @smk,

This is now possible in Sales Hub Enterprise! See the screenshot of a contact-based workflow below:

karstenkoehler_0-1626499515948.png

You could enroll contacts into this list based on their list membership. As contacts join the list, they would also be enrolled in the workflow and then the sequence. Obviously, there are a lot of ways this could go wrong. Make sure to think hard about which contacts to exclude from this, especially those who have "experienced" a sequence before. You could do so by filtering for the contact property Last sequence enrolled:

karstenkoehler_1-1626499651191.png

(The number you have to put in is the sequence ID. You can find this by navigating to the sequence under Menu > Automation > Sequences and clicking on your sequence. The number is at the end of the URL: https://app.hubspot.com/sequences/YOUR_PORTAL_ID/sequence/SEQUENCE_ID)

Let me know if you have any questions! You can help others find this information by accepting this as a solution. (I'd appreciate it!)

Have a great day

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Alex32
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey! I was looking for a similar solution for non enterprise, so I thought I'd share. There is a free chrome extension called "HubSpot Sequence Automator" which lets you do this.

0 Upvotes
alexcomments
Participant

SOLVE

@ineshuergo @kaious I don't think they care... unfortunatelly. But I agree it's a crucial feature.

ineshuergo
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed, This should be available for Sales Pro too, not just Enterprise...

kaious
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Feels like a bit on the nose that the ability to automate adding to a sequence is restricted to Enterprise sales hub – seems like a pretty core function of automation that was initially missing, not an enterprise feature to me.

K_Vaughan
Participant

SOLVE

I agree, it's annoying and feels deliberately limited, even with the new workflow feature, it's set in a such a way to force you to enterprise. There are better solutions out there for the sales team, and enabling something like this would go a long way to making pro better, and not jump ship. 

JBevis
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed. Currently having this issue now. Active lists is not resolving the issue either. Enterprise pricing is ridiculous as well. Such a simple feature that used be accessible across the board.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @smk,

This is now possible in Sales Hub Enterprise! See the screenshot of a contact-based workflow below:

karstenkoehler_0-1626499515948.png

You could enroll contacts into this list based on their list membership. As contacts join the list, they would also be enrolled in the workflow and then the sequence. Obviously, there are a lot of ways this could go wrong. Make sure to think hard about which contacts to exclude from this, especially those who have "experienced" a sequence before. You could do so by filtering for the contact property Last sequence enrolled:

karstenkoehler_1-1626499651191.png

(The number you have to put in is the sequence ID. You can find this by navigating to the sequence under Menu > Automation > Sequences and clicking on your sequence. The number is at the end of the URL: https://app.hubspot.com/sequences/YOUR_PORTAL_ID/sequence/SEQUENCE_ID)

Let me know if you have any questions! You can help others find this information by accepting this as a solution. (I'd appreciate it!)

Have a great day

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @smk,

Currently it's not possible to auto-enroll contacts into sequences. You can only enroll contacts from the contact's record or select up to 50 contacts, as explained here.

There is a workaround that might make your life easier. You can clone or modify your active list and add an additional filter, click 'Contact properties', find 'Now in Sequence' and select 'has never been equal to True'. Your list will populate with contacts that have not been enrolled before. You can now use it like a to-do-list. Still manual enrollment but you'll see at a glance which contacts have not been reached out to.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

smk

SOLVE

Thanks very much, Karsten.

0 Upvotes