CRM

Mark_Beaumont
Participant

Automate deal stage based on engagement

SOLVE

Hey,

Does anyone know a way of automatically moving deals between stages based on company score? We want to have three columns in the pipeline that split deals by associated company score and ideally a workflow that will move them, i.e. when company X hits 100 move to tier 2, if it falls back below 99 move back to tier 3, is that possible?

We need deals to be able to reenroll as their company score and go up and down. This causes a problem because you can only reenroll deals if you're using a 'deal workflow' and so far I think we need to use a company workflow so that we can use the company score with the 'delay until event' property. I've tried bypassing this with the 'enroll in another event' trigger but I get an error that this creates a cycle (which we want) and apparently that's not allowed.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Mark_Beaumont ,

I had a possible solution and some thoughts regarding this. I am not sure if this solves your issue completely, but hopefully a step in the right direction.

1. Create a company workflow like the one below that allows for the re-enrollment triggers. This way it will re-enroll and update the deal stage for the deal in the pipeline stated. (I used the Company property "Likeliness to Close" for "Company Score" and a test pipeline.)

Example4.png

Example5.png

Example 3.png

2. You could also create a Company workflow like that above, but instead copies the Likeliness to Close/Company Score into a custom Deal Property Called "Company Score" and updates it whenever changed. You can then create Deal or Automated Deal workflows off of this. 

3. You can create a List or Report to audit those that should have moved, yet did not. You can bulk edit any deal stages. Example Filters: Likeliness to Close/Company property is greater than or equal to 100 and Deal Stage is none of Tier 2.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Mark_Beaumont ,

I had a possible solution and some thoughts regarding this. I am not sure if this solves your issue completely, but hopefully a step in the right direction.

1. Create a company workflow like the one below that allows for the re-enrollment triggers. This way it will re-enroll and update the deal stage for the deal in the pipeline stated. (I used the Company property "Likeliness to Close" for "Company Score" and a test pipeline.)

Example4.png

Example5.png

Example 3.png

2. You could also create a Company workflow like that above, but instead copies the Likeliness to Close/Company Score into a custom Deal Property Called "Company Score" and updates it whenever changed. You can then create Deal or Automated Deal workflows off of this. 

3. You can create a List or Report to audit those that should have moved, yet did not. You can bulk edit any deal stages. Example Filters: Likeliness to Close/Company property is greater than or equal to 100 and Deal Stage is none of Tier 2.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
Mark_Beaumont
Participant

SOLVE

Brilliant thanks @StefaniUAT! Super helpful.

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you @StefaniUAT for sharing your idea!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Mark_Beaumont ,

Thank you for sharing your query in the Community.

I'll tag in a few Community contributors: @himanshurauthan and @Nynke_HM , could you share your ideas for Mark?

0 Upvotes