CRM

airwolfke
Contributor

Add email & ticket to deal

SOLVE

I have the Office 365 Sales Tool installed.

I have found how I can track/log emails to a recipient in a deal. This is no problem when the contactperson is connected to the deal.

But what If I want to add an email to my collegue about a deal to the deal in Hubspot?

The collegue is not added a contactperson in the deal.

An by extension, how to add a email to a existing ticket.

Thanks,

Ruben

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @airwolfke,

With the Office 365 HubSpot add-in, you can always use a dropdown and manually specify which records you would like to log the email to, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-office-365-...

If you ever forget about this, you can still manually associate an email to other records: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

airwolfke
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I found the solution to this.

Although the deals and tickets are not mentioned you can find them by typing the name of the deal or ticket and then you can connect them!

Problem solved!

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @airwolfke,

With the Office 365 HubSpot add-in, you can always use a dropdown and manually specify which records you would like to log the email to, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-office-365-...

If you ever forget about this, you can still manually associate an email to other records: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

airwolfke
Contributor

SOLVE

Dear Karsten,

thanks for the help,

I know the possibility to click on "log" and then select the contactperson, deal or ticket,...

In my case, the deals or tickets aren't mentioned. I can only select 1 option and that is to log it under the contactperson.

screenshot hubspot log.jpg

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @airwolfke,

Clicking on the small triangle should open more search options – I assume you have checked that already?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
airwolfke
Contributor

SOLVE

Yes, there is the email of my contact displayed.

So this is what I noticed:

When I respond to an email and the contact is connected to a deal the "deal" section will appear, so it will give me the possibility to add that email to the deal

After doing some tests in noticed in short: the deal or ticket will ONLY appear when the contact person is connected to the deal.

Am I missing something? How would I connect communication with people not connected to the deal or person to their log?

Thanks!

Here you have a screenshot of my settings btw.

screenshot hubspot log settings.jpg

0 Upvotes
airwolfke
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I found the solution to this.

Although the deals and tickets are not mentioned you can find them by typing the name of the deal or ticket and then you can connect them!

Problem solved!

Thanks for the help