CMS Development

YChuskit
Participant | Elite Partner

work email input field taking personal email too

Hey all,

I was trying to create a hubspot form with work email input field but some how it is also taking personal email id eg gmail etc...

can someone help ? 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JPanama
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @YChuskit

Thanks for reaching out. From your question I understand you're trying to block personal emails submissions on your form, free emails like gmail.com etc. 

If you're working within the UI, you can enable this setting on the email field of your form, this is outlined here

If you're working via the Forms API, we don’t run validation on an any submissions. This means that any required fields or email blocks setup in HubSpot won’t pull through. All validation need to be setup on the external form with the implementation of some custom code. 

With the Forms API we just ingest the submissions as they are sent, and we rely your custom validation to weed out any erroneous information. Does that all make sense? 

Best, 
Joe (HubSpot Moderator)

0 Upvotes
YChuskit

hey @JPanama ,

Thank you for your response! it worked !!! thanks ! but i was wondering why would the work email field in hubspot form take personal emails , it shouldn't right ? , when ever i add the field i get this warning 

YChuskit_0-1657601551906.png

right now i am using email field and enabled the block personal email thing !!! thanks 

regards,

Yangzin

0 Upvotes