CMS Development

SirHubalot

How To Start Off The Membership Registration Process?

SOLVE

Hi,

I've been reading up on Hubspot's various documentation on it's membership functionality. The part I am not sure on is how should the user registration process start, where they get sent an email with a link to enter a password?

In the developers example (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/data/memberships), the following process occurs:

signup.gif_width=2518&name=signup

How do I create the functionality where the users form submission actions the registration process?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SirHubalot ,

I have a proper document here made for especially membership workflow

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SirHubalot ,

I have a proper document here made for especially membership workflow

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

Brownstephen101
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@SirHubalot 
Here's the documentation on how to create a form:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/create-forms

Once the form is created you just need to add it to a page (not the one that is locked behind registration), and then make sure that the list criteria for the selected list is set as that forms "Form Submission".

0 Upvotes
SirHubalot

SOLVE

@Brownstephen101I've setup the page(s) audience access and that is all working. Just missing how to create a form to allow a user to register so they get an email where they can then enter their password.

0 Upvotes
Brownstephen101

SOLVE

@SirHubalot Also important to note: if you do this on a published page and add a list with contacts already in it, ALL the contacts all that list will automatically be sent a registration email as soon as you publish the update, and if you wanted to resend that email you have to do it manually, one at a time. So be careful about publishing a list that already has contacts in it.

0 Upvotes
Brownstephen101

SOLVE

@SirHubalot On the page(s) that you want to be locked behind registration you go to Settings>Advanced Options>Control audience access for page and set it to Registration Required. Once that is done it will ask you for a list to set the page behind. Any contacts who are in that list (whatever it's criteria is, most of the time a form submission), will be sent a registration email through hubspot automatically where they can click a link to set a password.

0 Upvotes
SirHubalot

SOLVE

Hi Webdew,

I thought the process is that the user needs to fill out the registration form on a normal Hubspot page (just like in the screenshot) and then they will be sent an email for them to set a password.

When I go directly to the registration system page, the email address textbox is disabled as that is pre-populated from link the user gets emailed.

The screenshot from the documentation doesn't look like a system page as there is custom content specific for that event.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SirHubalot ,

These all are system pages, you will get all this pages when you create a new theme with using from boilerplate , you will get all set of pages that you required.

webdew_0-1642585324872.png

You will get this type of preview for these pages

webdew_1-1642585325069.png

Hope this helps!
Thanks and Regard.