Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Babak
Contributor

Change the location of template

SOLVE

If we change the location of template/file/module, etc. in the design tools, what will be happened?
Is it like a file manager and it will add automatically a redirection to the new address or it does affect all website pages/landing pages/blogs and mess things up?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JenWeiss
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Babak

Thank you so much for reaching out to us! 

When you change the location of a template/file/module is moved to a new folder in the file manager, it will also remain accessible at the old path. You do not need to add a redirect from the old URL to the new URL. If you upload a new file with the same name and path of the file you moved, HubSpot will serve the new file instead.

Best, 
@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Babak
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello again @JenWeiss ,
I have a relatable question, I don't know should I ask here or should I make another post? I will write it here, let me know what do you think:
I saw there is a "revision history" for each file, isn't there any general revision history? like what I did on top, it would be great if I can see recent histories of all files like:
user X edited this file
user Y move this file from this folder to root

0 Upvotes
JenWeiss
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Babak

Thank you so much for reaching out to us! 

When you change the location of a template/file/module is moved to a new folder in the file manager, it will also remain accessible at the old path. You do not need to add a redirect from the old URL to the new URL. If you upload a new file with the same name and path of the file you moved, HubSpot will serve the new file instead.

Best, 
@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
Babak
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you a lot.

0 Upvotes