Blog, Website & Page Publishing

SRossing
Participant

Automated Monthly Blog Round Up Email

SOLVE

Hi there! I'm trying to automate a monthly email to share with my blog subscribers of the recent content that's been published.

I've reached the point of creating this email and adding in the RSS feed but I've found it's not very customizable.

Is there a way to only include blog posts published under certain topics? OR is there a way to exclude blog posts from certain topics?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SRossing,

If you want to customize your monthly blog round-up emails beyond the options that are described here, 'Set up your blog subscription emails', I'd say your best option would be to manually create this email. It's not automation, I know, but it gives you the opportunity to put some life into the otherwise very mechanic email.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @SRossing,

If you're looking to create an RSS feed specific to certain topics you can do this by using blog tags.

Once using blog tags, you can navigate to Marketing > Website > Blog > Tags

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 09.53.07.png

Click on the tag that you want to use which will open the page itself for all the posts using this tag.

Copy the URL from your search bar and add /rss.xml to the end of the URL.

This can now be used to build a blog notification email for a specific topic.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @SRossing,

If you're looking to create an RSS feed specific to certain topics you can do this by using blog tags.

Once using blog tags, you can navigate to Marketing > Website > Blog > Tags

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 09.53.07.png

Click on the tag that you want to use which will open the page itself for all the posts using this tag.

Copy the URL from your search bar and add /rss.xml to the end of the URL.

This can now be used to build a blog notification email for a specific topic.

Hope this helps!

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SRossing ,

So it sounds like you would like to send RSS blog subscription emails only for certain blog post topics?

Well! Currently it is not possible at the moment - I did some digging, and I found a similar idea here posted by someone else on HubSpot Ideas forum

While it looks like this is not currently planned, I'd recommend you to upvote their idea and leave your use case there too, which will hopefully let HubSpot product team know! 🙂

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SRossing,

If you want to customize your monthly blog round-up emails beyond the options that are described here, 'Set up your blog subscription emails', I'd say your best option would be to manually create this email. It's not automation, I know, but it gives you the opportunity to put some life into the otherwise very mechanic email.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.