Account & Settings

sethdavisatl

Not able to install Outlook desktop add-in

I've been using the desktop add-in for a little over 2 years now. I believe there may have been an update in the last few days and the add-in would not load when opening Outlook. I uninstalled it and tried to re-install it, but it keeps failing. I've read through the posted help, but haven't been able to get it fixed.

Any help is appreciated.

Here is the install log:

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 9:52:49 AM
INFO: Installed IE version: 11.1139.18362.0
INFO: Initializing addin registry
INFO: Cleaning Office Wef Cache
INFO: CleanOnlineAppCache
INFO: Downloading VSTO Runtime
INFO: Looking for Vsto installation key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSTO Runtime Setup\v4
INFO: Installing VSTO Runtime, mode: repair
INFO: Removing installer for VSTO Runtime
INFO: Uninstalling existing Add-Ins
INFO: Sidekick for Outlook is not installed
INFO: HubSpot Sales for Outlook is not installed
INFO: Downloading HubSpot for Outlook
INFO: Installing HubSpot for Outlook, mode: default
INFO: Removing installer for HubSpot for Outlook
ERROR: VSTOInstall failed: -300 - [VSTOinstaller.exe] The solution could not be installed because of a security exception.
ERROR: Add-in repair/install failed: VstoInstaller.Models.VstoInstallerException: Unable to install HubSpot for Outlook
at VstoInstaller.RepairUtils.RuntimeRepair.<ReinstallHubSpotAddin>d__15.MoveNext()

Sidekick Critical: 0 : ThisAddIn.cs:276 [InitializeSidekick]: Plugin Version: 3.0.1.241
DateTime=2020-11-05T20:24:32.0275455Z
Sidekick Critical: 0 : ThisAddIn.cs:355 [CheckOutlookVersion]: Outlook Version: 16.0.0.13328
DateTime=2020-11-05T20:24:32.0275455Z
Sidekick Critical: 0 : ThisAddIn.cs:280 [InitializeSidekick]: Windows Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18363.0
DateTime=2020-11-05T20:24:32.0285431Z
Sidekick Critical: 0 : ThisAddIn.cs:221 [TrackLaunch]: AddIn load time: 1719
DateTime=2020-11-05T20:24:33.5290903Z
Sidekick Critical: 0 : ThisAddIn.cs:224 [TrackLaunch]: Installed .NET Framework version: 4.7.2 or later
DateTime=2020-11-05T20:24:33.5325257Z
Sidekick Error: 0 : MeetingsClient.cs:65 [RefreshMeetingsLinksAsync]: Failed to get meeting links: Sidekick.Api.SidekickWebException: Error 404 (Not Found) accessing api.hubspot.com/meetings/v1/link
at Sidekick.Api.ApiClient.<GetAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Sidekick.Api.ApiClient.<GetJsonAsync>d__17`1.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Sidekick.Api.HubSpotApiClient.<RetryOnAuthFailure>d__5`1.MoveNext()
at Sidekick.Meetings.MeetingsClient.<RefreshMeetingsLinksAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
DateTime=2020-11-05T20:24:43.7188961Z

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Not able to install Outlook desktop add-in

Hi @sethdavisatl 

Thank you for reaching out and for these logs. 

It looks like you're trying to install Outlook Desktop (VSTO) add-in, is that correct? From the logs mentioning a security error - it's an error we usually see either when (1) there is/are anti-virus/security programs on your computer- in which case I would recommend disabling them before installing (you can check that with your IT Team), or (2) when Outlook doesn't allow for customized functionality.

As a starting point, I'd recommend to follow the steps in this article. You should also be sure to enable the ClickOnce trust prompt (there is a link in that article which leads to a Microsoft document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/deployment/how-to-configure-the-clickonce-trust-prompt...)

If the above doesn't work, would you mind clarifying exactly where you're getting stuck and sending us screenshots? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !