Account & Settings

Ivanjlares
Participant

Inactive Users HS

SOLVE

We have two sales reps, who didn't work out, we let them go, we don't want to lose data, and we need to restrict access as they are no longer employees. As for reporting, we need to report on all the conversations, meetings, deals, won/close, on all reps historically. And understand customer communications, meetings, with our business historically. 

It would be great to make these users inactive as opposed to deleting them, and losing all the data!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Inactive Users HS

SOLVE

Hi @Ivanjlares ,

Thanks for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

I've found an existing Idea post "Ability to disable users" in the Ideas Forum. Could you please upvote the linked post and leave your feedback/use cases in there to consolidate all of the conversations around this topic in one place?

Thank you!

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Inactive Users HS

SOLVE

Hi @Ivanjlares,

until the feature request shared by @natsumimori gets fulfilled, your best option would be to create a role for these users. You would limit object access and remove access to any tool in your portal. You'd have to make sure they're not assigned any records any more. Unfortunately, they'd still be able to create new records. Far from ideal but currently the only option if you want to keep the data.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Inactive Users HS

SOLVE

Hi @Ivanjlares,

until the feature request shared by @natsumimori gets fulfilled, your best option would be to create a role for these users. You would limit object access and remove access to any tool in your portal. You'd have to make sure they're not assigned any records any more. Unfortunately, they'd still be able to create new records. Far from ideal but currently the only option if you want to keep the data.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Inactive Users HS

SOLVE

Hi @Ivanjlares ,

Thanks for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

I've found an existing Idea post "Ability to disable users" in the Ideas Forum. Could you please upvote the linked post and leave your feedback/use cases in there to consolidate all of the conversations around this topic in one place?

Thank you!