APIs & Integrations

CMetaliya

While Creating Contact It Gives Error That Contact Already Exist

SOLVE

I'm running through a weird issue. In my nodeJs application I'm trying to create single contact using basicApi.

It runs smoother in local environment when I test it using POSTMAN. But in dev environment when I implemented same code it started giving me errors.

Capture.PNG

I'm creating a new contact which doesn't exists in my hubspot GUI. But, when it runs through contact creation logic as you could see in the screenshot below, it gives an error that "contact already exists. Existing ID: 20301" And updates that contact with my given data. Basically, that contact doesn't exists but it still gives me that error and is updating contact that's not same as passed contact object.

Moreover, when I create contact in local environment, the contact's source is like this.

1.PNG

But for the dev environment (from where I'm getting an error) , source remains something else like this

2.PNG

I don't have any idea why source is different for same task done using same code. Is there any configuration related problems that can be solved? If so, how?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
CMetaliya
Solution

SOLVE

This guy faced a similar issue in past. And his reply worked out well.

Here's link to his reply about what he did that solved the issue.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Create-contact-is-updating-vid-101/m-p/639633/hig...

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
CMetaliya
Solution

SOLVE

This guy faced a similar issue in past. And his reply worked out well.

Here's link to his reply about what he did that solved the issue.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Create-contact-is-updating-vid-101/m-p/639633/hig...

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@Teun , have you seen anything like this before?

0 Upvotes
Teun
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson ,

Nope, this error is completely new to me. I do typically check if a contact exists before trying to create or update the contact to prevent errors.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.