APIs & Integrations

Clayton_
Contributor

Suggestions to seed or import example test content?

SOLVE

When you create a test CRM account it looks like there's not much data present.

Does anyone know of good resources or techniques to import or seed example content and records into an account to develop and test against?

I'm hoping to find examples that might resemble real-world company and contact records and other objects, like deals.

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
Clayton_
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

For anyone else in a similar spot, after digging into things I was able to sort out the steps to generate a large volume of realistic and associated records via the Hubspot admin UI and Mockaroo.com (an online tool data generation tool). Details here -

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Share-Your-Work/How-to-create-Hubspot-test-dummy-data-with-Mockaroo...

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Clayton_
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

For anyone else in a similar spot, after digging into things I was able to sort out the steps to generate a large volume of realistic and associated records via the Hubspot admin UI and Mockaroo.com (an online tool data generation tool). Details here -

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Share-Your-Work/How-to-create-Hubspot-test-dummy-data-with-Mockaroo...

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for your post @Clayton_ .

@himanshurauthan and @LPM , would you be able to share your tips?

himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thank you @natsumimori for counting me in. 🙂

Hello @Clayton_ 

There is no inbuilt option to populate dummy data in HubSpot.

But you can import using CSV  (create CSV with dummy data ) or use the API to import using some faker libraries.

If you want to prepare your portal for some industry specifics - like creating custom properties, lists, workflows you can use our app - https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/onboarding-assistant-for-hubspot-272918

You can also share this idea in this ideas board and based on upvotes, we can plan to add these features in our app as well.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
Clayton_
Contributor

SOLVE

@himanshurauthan Himanshu,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, and the suggestions. I appreciate it.

I'll definitely check out your app. Just to see if I'm following correctly - is it intended to help create the correct settings (properties, etc) as well as sample content, or solely the settings?

himanshurauthan

SOLVE

Hello @Clayton_,

Currently, our app creating settings only. The purpose of using this app is to set up your HubSpot according to the best industry standards in few clicks.

It doesn't have the feature to add dummy data at the moment, but we can add that feature easily, so I would recommend letting us share the idea in the ideas forum, and based on votes we can plan to add the feature.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology