APIs & Integrations

TZiesing
Contributor

Subscription status

Hi there, I am doing a request on the subscription status api: https://api.hubapi.com/communication-preferences/v3/status/email/sabine.muster%40gmx.de?hapikey=xxxx...

based on this documentation:

Marketing API | Subscriptions Preferences (hubspot.com)

What I would like to get is the information if the contact has subscribed to any of our subscription status. 

What I do get is the status "SUBSCRIBED" for all subscription types -although the contact is NOT subscribed to any of thoese subscription types in the test system. What am I doing wrong here?

Many thanks and best regards

{
"recipient": "sabine.muster@gmx.de",
"subscriptionStatuses": [
{
"id": "131697032",
"name": "Customer Service Communication",
"description": "Receive feedback requests and customer service information.",
"status": "SUBSCRIBED",
"sourceOfStatus": "SUBSCRIPTION_STATUS",
"brandId": null,
"preferenceGroupName": null,
"legalBasis": null,
"legalBasisExplanation": null
},
{
"id": "139581707",
"name": "Event",
"description": "Event",
},
{
"id": "139581693",
"name": "Survey",
"description": "Subscription for Survey",
}
]
}

The weird thing is that I am also getting the status subscribed when I use an email which is definitly NOT in the system.... 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Laurens1

Subscription status

@TZiesing or @Jaycee_Lewis 
I found this thread because we're experiencing the same issue. The get subscription status gives wrong data. Any news after you had this thread 10 months ago?

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Subscription status

Hey, @TZiesing 👋 Great question! 

One question to get us started — in your test portal, do you have GDPR enabled in Settings>Privacy & Consent?

In my own quick test, I get the same result when I have GDPR disabled. 

The below section in the Subscription and Preferences knowledge base article gets into the details here of how and when a status of Subscribed is used, depending on if you enabled GDPR for a portal.

“If you don't have GDPR enabled, a contact's status for a subscription type can have one of the following two states:

• Opted in or not opted out (default): a contact may be in this state if they've either subscribed to a given subscription type, or they have yet to agree whether to receive emails from your brand. This state corresponds to both the Subscribed and Not specified statuses for a given subscription type.
  • Opted out: a contact in this state has unsubscribed from receiving emails from your brand. This state corresponds to an Unsubscribed status for a given subscription type. You cannot email a contact if the status associated with the email's subscription type is Unsubscribed.

Thank you!  — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
TZiesing
Contributor

Subscription status

@Jaycee_Lewis Hi Jaycee, Thanks a lot for your reply and the information. Unfortunately I get the same wrong results with the GDPR option enabled. Also the requests with an email address which is NOT in the system gives me a positive subscripton status..... 

0 Upvotes