APIs & Integrations

LUP
Contributor

SQL integration to HubSpot

SOLVE

Hi,

Are there any ways to connect SQL with HubSpot
Right now we have all our live data in SQL, such as Customer/contact/product information.

And I want these data to auto sync to HubSpot.

So whenever we have a new contact in the SQL database, this contact information will automatially get updated in HubSpot. And the same with Cusomers..

Can anyone tell me which API I should use? Or is it just possible to do this through for example Zapier?

Help please :slight_smile:

1 Accepted solution
johnelmer
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

There is a relatively new app in the HubSpot App Marketplace that may meet your needs on the export side. MS SQL Server for HubSpot is a one way sync service from HubSpot to a SQL data warehouse hosted in Azure. The Azure data warehouse is included with the service, which is a major advantage over the ETL providers.  

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
Kavya

SOLVE

@johnelmer is there any way in your tool to replicate/migrate the data into our own SQL server?

Will be glad if you have any suggestions because I want to configure sync operation between Hubspot and SQL server to manage and update the data in one way.

0 Upvotes
johnelmer

SOLVE

Datawarehouse.io offers an app to connect HubSpot to an existing SQL Server database. The app, Database Sync for HubSpot, allows the user to set up a one way HubSpot >> SQL Server sync that automatically refreshes on a scheduled basis.  (Note: On premise SQL Server databases are not supported.) 

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
CSantil

SOLVE

Hi! Is it possible with the solution you mention to get activities and engagements associations? Like calls, meetings, conversations, emails, etc?

0 Upvotes
johnelmer

SOLVE

@CSantil the MS SQL Server for HubSpot app syncs data one way (from HubSpot to a SQL Server database in Azure). The SQL database is included with the app subscription.

If you want to sync data one way from HubSpot to your own SQL Server database (cloud hosted), there is another app called Database Sync for HubSpot that you can use. Both of these apps are available through the HubSpot App Marketplace.

However, if you want to sync data the other direction (from your own SQL database TO HubSpot), we recommend using the Census or Hightouch apps. Both are in the HubSpot App Marketplace and both have free service tiers.

Finally, if you want to sync data both directions (between HubSpot and SQL) a service like Skyvia would be more appropriate.

DM me if you have any questions about the above.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
johnelmer

SOLVE

@Kavya Please PM me to discuss this option.  John

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
johnelmer
Solution

SOLVE

There is a relatively new app in the HubSpot App Marketplace that may meet your needs on the export side. MS SQL Server for HubSpot is a one way sync service from HubSpot to a SQL data warehouse hosted in Azure. The Azure data warehouse is included with the service, which is a major advantage over the ETL providers.  

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
accBos

SOLVE

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I'm curious to know if by using MS SQL Server for HubSpot I would be able to modify my data with SQL queries and then update those same registries on HubSpot. I need to perform some UPDATE queries on my data but I haven't been able to do so in the app. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Upvotes
TayshaProvost
Participant

SOLVE

I would recommend to use Skyvia for this purpose. It allows to configure a two-way HubSpot and SQL sync easily within a web interface.

lewismalim
Participant

SOLVE

I would defintaley recommend  Zapier intergrations

HubSpot + MSSQL intergration  Link :  https://zapier.com/apps/hubspot-crm/integrations/sql-server

. its secure , integrates major apps like ( Salesorce , Facebook , gmail and MailChimp ) . the intergration its pretty simple doesnt required interaction with XML or code just GUI and done .

0 Upvotes
edfryed

SOLVE

@Lup We've worked with a number of teams on HubSpot who sync their SQL database in via Hull. Common use cases we've seen are to capture product usage data or sync up a data warehouse.

One key challenge with this is calculating the difference on new data and avoiding sending any "silent" updates into HubSpot to prevent burning through API credits. This is hard to do with webhooks or Zapier for a significant volume of data.

We manage this with our SQL Importer which queries for new updates on schedule, and sync only updates with new data to external services.

Here's a little more how it works:

https://www.hull.io/integrations/hubspot-sql/

Disclaimer: I work at Hull (HubSpot Connect partner), and previously contracted with HubSpot

LUP
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @rainsfordt

We are a software Company, so we definitely got the power to write an application with c# or VB. I just needed to know before we looked into this.

Should we maybe catch up on e-mail, you are welcome to sent me an e-mail: lup@mindworking.dk with your contact information. in that way we can maybe help each other :slight_smile:

We have also bought the Service Hub, so we will also do integration the ticket and conversation part.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
rainsfordt

SOLVE

Hi Lup,

Note, I am not a HubSpot employee, just someone writing their own integration with HubSpot so thought I would try and help out as I have asked a few questions in this forum.

Zapier would probably be your best bet if you don't have experience with any other programming languages such as VB or C# etc.

If you are able to program, then it might be worth using the hubspot API to write an application to keep these in sync which is what I am currently doing.

I hope this helps somewhat.

0 Upvotes