APIs & Integrations

LWilton
Participant

Rate Limit error with webhook POST

I am trying to test a workflow with a webhook, following the "Test your webhook externally" instructions noted in this guide: Use webhooks with HubSpot workflows

The workflow is on and I have one company enrolled. The POST is failing due to a rate limit error -- "429 Too Many Requests." This is the only webhook POST we're making right now. However, we are making GET and POST calls using the create or update API and visitor identification with chatflows and these calls continue to be successful even though I am receiving a rate limit error with my workflow webhook. 

Where can I see what my limit is? Is the webhok POST limit included in the limit for other API requests?

Thanks. 

2 Replies 2
LWilton
Participant

Thank you Teun,
I'm not sure how I can tell if the error was from hubspot or webhook but I suspect that it was n the webhook side as we are no where near hitting our hubspot limits based on the guide you shared.
The exact response we got was "429 Too Many Requests You have sent too many requests in a given amount of time. "

Anyway, I ran the test again today and it was successful! 

Thanks again. 
0 Upvotes
Teun
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @LWilton ,

Here is some info about the API limits. You can check your daily limits by making a GET request to the following URL: https://api.hubapi.com/integrations/v1/limit/daily?hapikey=demo 

Replace the hapikey with your own.

The question tho is if the 429 error is a response from HubSpot or from webhook.site. Could you double-check that for me? webhook.site describes this exact error.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 Upvotes