APIs & Integrations

BWafels

Login from Outlook 0365 addon no longer possible

Hello guys,

I am using outlook with the Hubspot addon. This is the latest update O365.

Lately however I am nog longer able to login with my google account linked to hubspot to open Hubspot in outlook.

The message given: "This browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in"

I have tried reinstalling and many other things. It is however no longer possible to login.

Is there a way to change the login for Hubspot to an non-Google account or to fix the issue?

Thank you for your help. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post.

Kind regards,

Manu

11 Replies 11
EFox1
Contributor

The new Outlook 365 add-in, used from Outlook app on windows, can't login to one of my Gmail accounts.
It's opening an Edge browser window that reports it's not secure. I can login with another gmail suite address & a personal address.

How do we get some better debug info, report this bug, and get it fixed?

Here's the error after entering the gmail address then tapping Next:

EFox1_0-1643679191058.png

The add-in is this one: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104381257

0 Upvotes
StevenRolfe
Participant

I have this issue too, I wish I could resolve it 😞

0 Upvotes
dawase
Participant

There's a new plugin that runs in the system tray and inside outlook.  It still useds the Google login but it's a brand-new framework as best as I can tell.  Uninstall the existing plugin and then run the new installer from the Hubspot website.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

Even tech support at Hubspot couldn't figure out what the problem was with my install initially.

0 Upvotes
dawase
Participant

Same problem here - W10, Outlook Plugin, Google for Auth.  Says the browser is insecure and won't let you proceed.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BWafels and @SBukharov can I have you both fill out this login form please? A member of the team will be able to support you in this issue after submitting the form. Thanks!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
BWafels

@SBukharov Hmm **bleep**. I was really starting to get in the Hubspot flow of checking my customers.

@kvlschaefer Do you know how to move this issue up the foodchain for a possible fix?

0 Upvotes
SBukharov

Having this exact same issue. I'm guessing a hubspot update broke this login functionality.

0 Upvotes
BWafels

@kvlschaefer I tried those things. I had to disable 2FA and enable less secure apps. But no results. I was just wondering if I couldn't just change the account mail in Hubspot to resolve the issue. I am using windows 11 and maybe there is a new security check that blocks those kind of logins in Outlook.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BWafels

Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps in this resource

Additionally, if you are still stuck, can you share screenshots of where you are getting stuck? 

The more screenshots, details and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Kristen

BWafels

@kvlschaefer There isn't anything remotely relevant on the troubleshooting page. It is more related to not being able to login because Google views the inbuild browser in outlook as unsecure.

This is basically the same issue: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/374439/cannot-add-gmail-to-outlook-this-browser-o...

So I am just repeatedly getting the same Google generated message. 

BWafels_0-1628761338553.png

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BWafels,

Thanks for the screenshot and clarification. From taking a look at the forum you linked, it looks like this is an issue related to your Google security settings.  I'd recommend going to your Google Security settings and turning on access for less secure apps. You may also need to create a new Outlook profile if modifying the security settings in Google doesn't resolve the error message. 

0 Upvotes