APIs & Integrations

lakeshow55
Participant

LinkedIn & HubSpot API Call Limits

Does anyone in the community have any experience with this issue? We are using the bulk upload feature to schedule social media posts on a regular cadence and keep running into the same problem with scheduled social media messages in the uploads getting moved to the "Unsuccessful" que by HubSpot.

HubSpot claims this is happening due to the fact that we are exceeding the LinkedIn API call limits in a 24 hour period. 

LinkedIn claims HubSpot should be able to share the limits.

Hoping someone can help.

Here is the HubSpot Response to a support request: 

"As it turns out, this error signifies that LinkedIn has determined that there are too many API calls from outside integrations being made for this one specific ad account. You'll need to investigate your LinkedIn company page to see what other 3rd party integrations besides HubSpot are connecting to it, and remove any unnecessary/unused integrations. Again, these are integrations with the LinkedIn company page, not with HubSpot."

Here is the LinkedIn Response:

"A few of the limitations I can share is we only allow 25 video posts per member and any duplicate post will be removed. Outside of this, Hubspot also has API Rate Limits. Unfortunately, I am unable to release information about their specific application rate limits and would suggest you reach out to their customer support to see if this is information they are willing to share. "

Thank You,

Rick

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
acurtwright
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi Rick, 

I just wanted to close the loop on this issue. Our team reached out internallly to LinkedIn, and their team confirmed they experienced a outage from July 31st to August 3rd that led to an increase in errors in posts made via API, which impacted integrations like HubSpot. This was not caused by limitations on the HubSpot side, and has since been resolved. 

Please reach back out if you continue to experience an increased error rate, and we can continue to investigate. 

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lakeshow55 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

@stefen , @Mike_Eastwood and @mike-ward , have you guys seen this behavior in the past?

0 Upvotes